Table selection

• irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      I have always wondered how SNg players do this, it seems a near impossible task. People tell you to avoid the regs, but it isn't so easy.
      Do you wait untill there are 8/9 people sitting in your SNG and decide whether to play or not? On busy busy sites that just isn't doable. especially at lower levels!
      And what about your lower traffic sites, you may need to sit with a few regs and battle it out.

Anyway what are your table selection tips for SNGs?
  • 8 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I personaly never really bother to tableselect the 9man sng's, I can imagine it being super-important for the headsup sng's though.
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I personaly never really bother to tableselect the 9man sng's, I can imagine it being super-important for the headsup sng's though.
      Oh yeah, defo HU, but even 9-man surely if there are 3 or 4 tough regs it is better to avoid?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Meh I let them avoid me :tongue:
    • deranged84
      deranged84
      Bronze
      make notes. eg, color codes on fulltilt.
      if there are more than 3 reds (for me personally) during register, avoid.
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deranged84
      That is a HUGE plus to Full tilt, but unfortunatly other sites don't have that feature :(
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      You can spot regulars if you see 10 lobbies with 1 or 2 playera each. You can assume that they are multitablers and so a bit experienced at least. If you like, you can topshark them and see their stats and the levels they usually play in.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I play on partypoker and don't do table selection since traffic isnt that big in the SNGs. I do try to sit as optimal as possible at the table so I wait untill the regs sit down and simply sit at their right.
    • bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irregularity
      Originally posted by deranged84
      That is a HUGE plus to Full tilt, but unfortunatly other sites don't have that feature :(

party poker have a similar feature when you right notes about players you can choose the colour of the little note symbol on there name which i only recently discovered :)