[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AA slowplayed

• andreibalint
      First of all i rarely do this. Actually i don't remember doing it in 10.000 hands. And i slow played because:
      -i know my opponent is a TAG
      -he's more or less a regular and he's multitabling
      -i know he will fold many times if i reraise preflop. Maybe even AK and QQ eventually as we both had more than 100bb
      -he is often conti-betting the flop

Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0,16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 2:club: , 8:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.
      Still slowplaying, planing to check-raise the turn. Maybe directly a bet would do the job because i risk less of going check-check. But he's agressive...

Turn: ($0,84) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,72, Hero raises to $2,00, MP2 raises to $4,70 (All-In), Hero calls $2,70.
      I made the raise, problem is he's going all in. So i just hope he's got what he should ( AQ, KQ, maybe QJ, KK would be a dream ) and call him. Now that i think about it i have problems figuring out what i wanted to represent here as he's probably thinking more than i am :f_biggrin: . It would be perfect if he would just call here and shove the river. The board is relatively dry and his range would rarely permit him to have anything besides a Q. Two pair is out of the question. Maybe set but unlikely.

River: ($10,24) 9:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10,24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ah)
      MP2 shows three of a kind, eights (8h 8c)

MP2 wins with three of a kind, eights (8h 8c)

What do you think? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Never slowplay AA :D
    • MaestroOfZerg

You only got 60 hands on the guy, he should be raising pretty tight from UTG, and you're out of position so extracting will be painful postflop. I'd just take my chances with a 3bet/shove, slowplaying AA at these stakes is almost burning money as people will stack off light often enough for this strategy to pay off.

As played, you said you think he's capable of folding QQ/AK to a 3bet preflop, so i very much doubt he'll stack off with TPTK when you c/c flop c/r turn as he will view that as extreme strength. You're actually over-representing your hand to a point where all worse hands in his range will always fold to your turn raise imo.

I think you're better off either

- raising that flop where you can't really have anything, hoping he thinks you're bluffing and calls you down with TPTK

- calling down yourself hoping he'll continue to value bet TP for two more streets. Maybe throw in a ~1/2 pot river donk if you think he'll check behind KQ AQ. If you think he'll valuebet those hands on the river then checking to him and making a smallish value raise with huge odds he can't refuse is also viable, but if he shoves over your raise it's a mandatory fold in your shoes.

Hope it helps.
    • andreibalint
      Thanks. I have played more than 60 hands with him (i have two computers and sometimes play on one sometimes on the other). But i got the overall idea... baaaaad.