This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL $25 FR - KK in UTG+1

• JonKirk
      JonKirk
      Bronze
      ***** Hand History for Game 5827987238 *****
      $ 25 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, April 01, 05:18:16 ET 2007
      Table Table 127503 (Real Money)
      Seat 2 is the button
      Total number of players : 10
      Seat 5: Villain ( $ 35.40 USD )
      Seat 9: Random ( $ 9.75 USD )
      Seat 6: Hero ( $ 38.15 USD )
      Seat 8: Random ( $ 6.15 USD )
      Seat 1: Random ( $ 24 USD )
      Seat 2: Random ( $ 23.30 USD )
      Seat 10: Random ( $ 22.05 USD )
      Seat 7: Random ( $ 31.20 USD )
      Seat 4: Random ( $ 5 USD )
      Seat 3: Random ( $ 4.50 USD )
      Random posts small blind [$ 0.10 USD].
      Random posts big blind [$ 0.25 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kc ]
      >You have options at Table 125453 Table!.
      Villain raises [$ 1 USD]
      Hero raises [$ 3 USD]
      8 folds.
      Villain raises [$ 34 USD]
      Hero ...?

I had around 100 hands on the villain.
      vpip = 27.8 pfr = 14.42 total aggression 2.15
      He was raising a lot of hands pre-flop, but almost exclusively from CO and BU, stealing a lot of pots pre-flop. He only showed down a handfull of hands, mainly junk hitting the flop good after a steal attempt.
      Prior to this hand he hadn't raised any hands from UTG or UTG+1, nor had I seen him re-raise all-in pre-flop.
      He seemed like he knew what he was doing at the table, so all in all a pretty decent player.

Can I put the villain on anything else but AA or KK?
      Easy call, easy fold?
  • 4 replies
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      make ur raise a little higher, 4 times his bet, u have a decent hand wich can stand some heat.

for me this would be a call.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by boschman123
      make ur raise a little higher, 4 times his bet, u have a decent hand wich can stand some heat.

for me this would be a call.
      yes. make it $4 preflop and call the 4-bet. imo you should almost never fold KK preflop, especially on the low limits. way too often you are still ahead and only behind against AA.
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      I agree, ive been in your situation about 5 times now and only once the villain had AA, other times he had QQ, AK, JJ and 99
    • JonKirk
      JonKirk
      Bronze
      It might be that I only remember the times I had KK against AA, but I couldn't make the call. What kind of hand could he have besides aces or kings? Aces would have me dominated and kings would almost definitely make it a split pot, and then the rake would make it unprofitable in the long run.

For what it's worth:

I was playing last night. It was like a deja-vu. UTG(full stack) min raises to 2xBB, I got kings and re-raises 4 times his raise to 8xBB, everyone folds around to UTG who makes it 32xBB. Then my gut tells me that he has aces. I call and the flop comes blank-blank-king. He checks to me and I make a small bet and he comes over the top pushing all-in. Needless to say he had aces and I won the pot.

Later the same day, I find myself in the exact same situation as the one I posted originally, but this time I make the call and (of course) he has aces and I'm beat.

I know that all of you thinks that KK in a situation like that is an automatic call, and in many situations I agree. Short-stackers(not necessarily ps short-stackers) tend to push with almost anything if they get re-raised pre-flop. AA-TT and even sometimes 99 and 88, AK-AJ seems like automatic calls for some of them. In those situations it's way easier to call. I would tend to say that if a short-stacker shoves after my re-raise I get the right odds to call given their range of hands, since(on my limit) often I would only have to call 1-2 dollar for an 8-9 dollar pot giving me 4:1 - 9:1 pot odds.

However, against a sane villain with a full stack it seems like I'm always up against aces or kings in those situations. Would you put 100BB in before the flop after you got re-raised in early position if you had QQ?
      Anyway, this is all assumptions since, like i wrote, it might be that I only remember the times i had kings against aces, and not the times i had kings against a wide variety of weird hands that a weak villain pushed with.
      Is there anyway I can sort my hands in PT so I see the all the times i had KK and called an all-in raise before the flop?