Seat 10: Random ( $ 22.05 USD )
      Seat 7: Random ( $ 31.20 USD )
      Seat 4: Random ( $ 5 USD )
      Seat 3: Random ( $ 4.50 USD )
      Random posts small blind [$ 0.10 USD].
      Random posts big blind [$ 0.25 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kc ]
      >You have options at Table 125453 Table!.
      Villain raises [$ 1 USD]
      Hero raises [$ 3 USD]
      8 folds.
      Villain raises [$ 34 USD]
      Hero ...?

I had around 100 hands on the villain.
      vpip = 27.8 pfr = 14.42 total aggression 2.15
      He was raising a lot of hands pre-flop, but almost exclusively from CO and BU, stealing a lot of pots pre-flop. He only showed down a handfull of hands, mainly junk hitting the flop good after a steal attempt.
      Prior to this hand he hadn't raised any hands from UTG or UTG+1, nor had I seen him re-raise all-in pre-flop.
      He seemed like he knew what he was doing at the table, so all in all a pretty decent player.

Can I put the villain on anything else but AA or KK?
      Easy call, easy fold?
  • 4 replies
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      make ur raise a little higher, 4 times his bet, u have a decent hand wich can stand some heat.

for me this would be a call.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by boschman123
      make ur raise a little higher, 4 times his bet, u have a decent hand wich can stand some heat.

for me this would be a call.
      yes. make it $4 preflop and call the 4-bet. imo you should almost never fold KK preflop, especially on the low limits. way too often you are still ahead and only behind against AA.
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      I agree, ive been in your situation about 5 times now and only once the villain had AA, other times he had QQ, AK, JJ and 99
    • JonKirk
      JonKirk
      Bronze
      It might be that I only remember the times I had KK against AA, but I couldn't make the call. What kind of hand could he have besides aces or kings? Aces would have me dominated and kings would almost definitely make it a split pot, and then the rake would make it unprofitable in the long run.

For what it's worth:

I was playing last night. It was like a deja-vu. UTG(full stack) min raises to 2xBB, I got kings and re-raises 4 times his raise to 8xBB, everyone folds around to UTG who makes it 32xBB. Then my gut tells me that he has aces. I call and the flop comes blank-blank-king. He checks to me and I make a small bet and he comes over the top pushing all-in. Needless to say he had aces and I won the pot.

Later the same day, I find myself in the exact same situation as the one I posted originally, but this time I make the call and (of course) he has aces and I'm beat.

I know that all of you thinks that KK in a situation like that is an automatic call, and in many situations I agree. Short-stackers(not necessarily ps short-stackers) tend to push with almost anything if they get re-raised pre-flop. AA-TT and even sometimes 99 and 88, AK-AJ seems like automatic calls for some of them. In those situations it's way easier to call. I would tend to say that if a short-stacker shoves after my re-raise I get the right odds to call given their range of hands, since(on my limit) often I would only have to call 1-2 dollar for an 8-9 dollar pot giving me 4:1 - 9:1 pot odds.

However, against a sane villain with a full stack it seems like I'm always up against aces or kings in those situations. Would you put 100BB in before the flop after you got re-raised in early position if you had QQ?
      Anyway, this is all assumptions since, like i wrote, it might be that I only remember the times i had kings against aces, and not the times i had kings against a wide variety of weird hands that a weak villain pushed with.
      Is there anyway I can sort my hands in PT so I see the all the times i had KK and called an all-in raise before the flop?