fold, UTG+1 calls $2, fold, fold, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1, Hero checks

FLOP ($8) K:spade: 8:diamond: T:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

TURN ($8) K:spade: 8:diamond: T:spade: J:club:

SB bets $8, Hero raises to $38 (AI), UTG+1 folds, BTN folds, SB calls $30

RIVER ($84) K:spade: 8:diamond: T:spade: J:club: A:diamond:

14/9 11k

wtsd 20 % af 5/3/3

in this spot i don`t bet him on AQ because he was on SB, so Q9 only beats me. i decide to push, good decision?
  • 7 replies
    • Tim64
      or 97, but I think it's probably ok to go broke here, since sb sometimes only has a draw and you need to protect your made hand.

I don't think you can just call, so push or fold is right for me. Tough spot, though.
    • Nunki
      I don't see the logic in shoving the turn since it is hard to imagine (without any special read) that any such move gets value for your hand. If SB has:

1)Air: you fold him out. There is no second barrel.

2)Nuts/near nuts: you get your chips in in bad.

3)Draw: you extract no more value unless villain is a moron.

4)Combo(eg.QJ,QT,KQ): you need to be sure that he'll call.

5)TJ/J8: count yourself lucky.

Furthermore, you negate your positional advantage (vs SB). There are also two players left to act.

The J on the turn is a deceptive card in that it doesn't necessarily improve your hand (relative to other made hands that is)since it is reasonable to assume that any better Kx/flopped 2pair would have bet the flop anyway. If you felt the need to protect your hand then you did so one street too late. I'd have just bet the flop.

Why didn't you bet the flop?
    • Tim64
      Nunki- is there a wiser person currently posting on the SSS forum?

I seriously doubt it.

p.s. how much for the contents of your poker brain????

• DaPhunk
      1) why no raise preflop? UTG+1 is clearly a moron with only $15 left and the other players where in late and made no effort to ISO him. Without looking at any stats I would definate conclude that we are good to raise here.

2) why no bet on the flop? If we check and a :spade: comes or connected card it just makes our time a hella lot tricker.

3) I don't think I'd have ended up in this spot on turn with your hand so its kinda hard to comment. Its really quite ugly. I'll think about it :/

Anyway, Intereted to hear from you.
    • Gerv
      Shoving preflop is okay but it's KJ and it reminds me of Tony G 24/7 :rolleyes:

But since UTG+1 is a $15 fella and BTN is fisch due midstack + SB completing marginal hands like low PPs or broadways u dominate.

As played, I bet the Flop, no reason to slowplay! Flushdraw/SD, you cannot allow a free card just bet Pot

As played on the Turn, your shove is - as Nunki said - an isolation move against better hands. In other words: better hands will only call you, worse will fold thus resulting in a lower EV

That said, raise the Turn but be prepared to see a 3bet, that's why I like betting the flop actually. Immediate aggression gets rewarded

- Gerv
    • PanDuzePE
      But on flop

bet/fold or bet/shove?

I don`t like go all-in here because fishes like to call with any Ax, and I`m little dominated :<

I don`t bet flop because I wanna to play this passive to the end, maybe turn check/call without this J on turn. In spot like that I don`t feel good with KJo only
    • Tim64
      I don`t like go all-in here because fishes like to call with any Ax, and I`m little dominated :<

But you're ahead of Ax on the flop rather than dominated by such hands.