The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $25.00
      Hero (UTG): $24.55
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $76.80
      BTN: $25.35
      SB: $84.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Q :diamond: Q :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, CO calls $0.85, BTN raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.65, CO calls $2.65

Flop: ($10.85) 4 :diamond: 9 :spade: 9 :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $7, Hero raises to $21.05 all in, CO folds, BTN folds

btn 14/14/16hands
      co 19/0/17hands

should I 4bet pre? he was 14/14 and thats scared me a little but I think my problem is giving to much credid to such a small sample size. I think 4bet is way better here as his 3beting range is should be wide enough for my QQ. But what if btn is really a nit? is calling pre and shoving safe non A or K flop ok vs nit?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Felting QQ against a squeeze from an unknown is always a hard decision, since you'll only remember the times where you get burned by KK+. I don't think 4betting is ever a big mistake but we're not really happy about it either.

In that situation there is a fish in between you and the squeezer tho, and it's important for mainly two reasons. First, if BTN is aware that CO is fishy, then his range for squeezing there is stronger than usual. Second, keeping the fish in the pot always has some merit. I'd probably call there myself and look for either a set or easy flops to play on.

As played on the flop i still think there is merit to calling just to see if CO will stick around, your hand isn't really that vulnerable you're felting it against BTN probably no matter what on that board anyway. I don't mind check/shoving either, you'll get called by TT+ always from BU even tho it's sad to push CO out of the pot.

Hope it helps.