Advertised friends

• dominik79
      dominik79
      Bronze
      Where can I check how my friends are doing, how many party points they have? I know there is the 'advertised friends' page, but it's obviously out of order because I know for a fact that one of them had 14 points quite a while ago but he is still in the 0-4 section, and the last update seems to be from 18.03.2007.
  • 8 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      As you probably know the partypoints are only updated once per week.

And like a never ending story there are always problems with the PartyPoints.

PartyPoker had a bug in their system the last two weeks. When you joined a SnG and you sat down at the table but left it directly afterwards. You got the partypoints for the SNG, like you played it. So a lot of people abused this offer and party wasnt able to move these stats out of the lists.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • dominik79
      dominik79
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stefan1000
      As you probably know the partypoints are only updated once per week.

I'm not so sure about that. It say's Status: 25.03.2007, but today is 10.04.2007 - a lot more than a week has passed since the last update.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Yeah,

this is a big issue we are working on since our partnership with PartyPoker. But we hope that with a bit more competition Party will do a better job, since we are quite confident that other sites will provide us with regular updates.

So i am sorry for the inconvenience but ill hope that the situation will improve soon.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      What kind of incentives would there be for us to sign up at these other sites through pokerstrategy? I mean, it's been a very good deal for party poker, probably the best out there for any site if you're serious about poker, and we do like you but not enough not to pick a rakeback deal or such, I think. We like money more :D

(Purely as an alternative for players in countries where party doesn't operate this make sense, but then there's none of the competition you suggested there would be.)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by howard182
      ...if you're serious about poker...
      WHen you are serious about poker you don't care about rakeback, despite when you think you already reached the highest level you can reach.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Rakeback might not be a big deal, but between playing at site X with it and playing at the same site without it, the choice is clear.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      The sites we are working together with won't offer rakeback deals.
      The most big sites are offering promotions like a shop and stuff like this.

And most of the time only smaller sites offer rakeback, ...eh... because they are small :D

But take a look at all poker sites and you will see a general trend away from rakeback, in the direction of promotions.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Promotions are good too of course, currently doing one that's working out to about 13 PTBB/100 :D