Tightness of the lower limits

• lozz08
      I have been grinding NL5 BSS for a few days now. I have had a preflop raise of 4 BB called about 1% of the time.

Does anyone else have the same experience on full tilt? What is a good limit to play because right now I cant get ANY action whatsoever if I get a good hand.
  • 8 replies
    • Lunatic1900
      hi, i play on full tilt and I have played Nl5 but i never had this problem. I think it was just bad luck because NL5 on full tilt is still full of fish :f_grin: how many hands did you play? the limit you play depends of your bankroll, you have to play the limits your bankroll allows other wise there is a chance you will loose your entire bankroll.

hopefully this helped you a little,

• Tampaloeres81

Used to grind BSS NL5 when my BR was only $35 left.... If your raises aren't called => get looser :D Steal the pots. They will start calling your strong hands, and you will get payed of. This way you will toss them around ;) But be carefull though :D If they get agressive on you, they will probably have a strong hand, so only continue your really strong hand then.

Good luck.
    • Faye6891
      Well, IMO FTP really has a lot more tighter players than other rooms I've played at. I never played NL5 there, but I'm pretty sure you can find a lot of loose passive opponents down on these limits. Just look for them.

If you still have trouble finding them, you can try what Tampaloeres81 just said, get looser, steal the pots, adapt your game to the players at your table. Playing a looser style will sometimes put you on tougher spots and I don't really recommend it if you're new to the game. On NL5, I'm sure you can find calling stations no matter what site you're playing on. Remember that table selection is also part of the game.
    • Azarelz
      Try using the ring game filters and list the games by Plr/Flp usually 50%+ will be a good table.
    • gadget51
      Possibly a different time of day would help? I run into a lot of regs around lunch time and between 6pm and 10pm.
    • Tampaloeres81

You could also use 3xBB first-in raises pre flop. At NL2 this worked out quite well and also on NL5 I had some good results with this. The down side is that your good hands will be payed out a bit less. Also when too many players start calling your raises (multi-way pots), your need to go back to 4xBB.

Good luck
    • Thypo
      yea i have some experience with NL5 and 4 bb is very often too much for all.. 3 bb is better :)

but ofcourse the most depends on what players u have at ur tables :)
    • travoltaJOHNy
      In my opinion play at pokerstars until NL25 because there players looks a lot looser to me, later you'll better get rakeback :)