I'm stuck

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'm kinda stuck with 4$ on FullTilt, like year and half ago I had the 50$ capital, as I recall, I was doing good at the start. went down for 40$ then went up to like 80$, after a while I joined the army ( I'm from Israel ), sometimes was comin' back home very tired and stressed, and now I don't even understand myself and still kickin my self for PLAYING stressed and tired without having fun . I went to higher limits than I could afford, played very loose ya kno, what costed me almost my whole capital .
      had like 7$ left . few days ago I wanted to try again, found I got this 7$ lol, won few dollars, lost some, got only 4$ now ^_^ .
      got only 10TAF $ , friend kinda stopped playing too so no more Income from there.

What to do ??? Just suicide that 4$ in SnG's ? or what ?
  • 32 replies
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      ^_^ up, anyone ?
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      wow, nice situation :D
      i would play 1$ sng, u must be very relaxed and so on...
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      lol, "pokerstrategy50" transferred some wierd 1.37$ . o_O

It doesnt bother me ofc, but I was like " What for ? lol"

Now it's 5.37$ Balance :D guess I'll go play 4 SnG ah ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it's rakeback. good luck ;)
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      oh right ))

Just thought about something . I'll try to qualify the daily dollar by 50FTP SnG, I've like 450 left , or smnth like that .

If I will qualify, I'll try to get some of this daily tourney , Play like 4 SnG of 1$ .
      Plus I'll try to play some 100$ freerolls

maybe I've a chance of a BR boost ? what you say guys hehe
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Deposit imo...
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      Deposit is not really a good idea as long as he doesnt know he is a winning player. So much things can go wrong if you cash in and loose its really not worth it. Playing freerolls sounds like the best idea to me.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      The prob with deposit is that if you are a beginner and lose the money you will want to deposit more thinking that lady luck will kiss you after the second time deposit and so on xD

You can play the daily dollar for 200 ftp and get 7$ easily just by playing very tight and get in the money.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Read the BSS articles and play BSS NL2. Those guys are soo easy to beat. Even with only 2 BI. Follow the SHC and you will be fine.
      Try not to go all-in (or you must have a realy good hand) since you can't afford much variance.

Keep the pots small => they will call you down with air.
      Make the pots big => if they call you down they will have you beat slowplaying some monster

I have build up my bankroll like that from only 2$ left on my pokerstars account :f_love:

Good luck
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      i gotta agree with the previous poster. SH NL2 BSS is very winnable. I've just run up $86 in 3 weeks.

the only extra advice i'd give is try and play as few pots "out of posistion" as possible. Use your c-bet as your main weapon.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Indeed play as much in position. But use the C-bet carefully because you don't have much fold equity at NL2... so most of the time play value poker meaning: if you have a made hand => bet bet bet

Preflop use first-in raise of 3xBB instead of 4xBB since 4xBB seems just too much for the NL2 Fish :f_o:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Even if you lose all the capital, there are ways to get another. For example PS.com has offered me 2 more in addition to my first one. I had to pass on the third one due to me playing the others.

Edit: Play the lowest limit with SSS. This will give you more rakeback than BSS, since in theory you will be playing more tables.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I am for deposit because every lesson requires money.
      You cannot learn poker without investing money sadly, it just won't work.

Yes OP might be a losing player, but he still has to play to improve his game. Only reading strategy won't work.

Nl2 is perfect for learning the basics.... 40$, 20BI which is good BRM... etc.

I think I went through 150$ or so before I did my final 100$ deposit.
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold

Sorry but thats just rediciolous. In the old times Pokerstrategy members had to start with 5$ and even that was enough to build up a bankroll relatively safely on the micro limits and learn the game basics.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OrcaAoc

Sorry but thats just rediciolous. In the old times Pokerstrategy members had to start with 5$ and even that was enough to build up a bankroll relatively safely on the micro limits and learn the game basics.
      Playing micros> Freerols>Play money.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OrcaAoc

Busto %?

I am just saying majority of the players starting out will not make it with their first try. Would just be a shame if we then tell them to freeroll it out or something... and starting with so little can get you bust because of variance.

If you do not have the money to deposit then don't. If you have money lying around and want to give it another shot, deposit. Easy as that.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      I think the BSS NL2 sounds good . low limit, every 2nd-3rd player is a very LOOSE player .

I'm being a loose sometimes in situations like I'm on earlyposition and have somethinkg like 88 99, and I call just to see the flop, someone raise I fold . I just lost a bigblind .

I got this book few days ago, named "Ace On The River" by Barry Greenstein .
      seem to be a nice book )) but mostly for RealPoker ( a very small chapter about Internet Poker ) .

about the Daily Dollar, I'm pretty *****d with that one . the usual Tourney, starts at 3 A.M ( Israel ) .
      I don't about the Rebuy tourney . I consider give it a shot . but ofc I won't use the rebuy since I almost got no money at all, heh .
    • phiRO
      phiRO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Even if you lose all the capital, there are ways to get another. For example PS.com has offered me 2 more in addition to my first one. I had to pass on the third one due to me playing the others..
      what exactly do you mean they 'offered' you 2 more? they gave you 2 more starting caps?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phiRO
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Even if you lose all the capital, there are ways to get another. For example PS.com has offered me 2 more in addition to my first one. I had to pass on the third one due to me playing the others..
      what exactly do you mean they 'offered' you 2 more? they gave you 2 more starting caps?
      Yes, it was on the forum news.

1st was Titan
      2nd Mansion
      3rd 888 (didnt play it)