Prove that the strategy works

• benguela
      benguela
      Bronze
      My challenge to PokerStrategy is to prove that the bronze fixed limit strategy actually works.

Create a bot that implements the strategy, advertise on the front page where this bot is playing and have a running blog of it's results. Release the source code so that the community can verify that it implements the strategy correctly.

Quite simple really.
  • 9 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Botting is not allowed and company as PS.com will not risk potentially losing way more than they would gain from doing so.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I'm pretty certain that you can find many successful Fixed Limit players who used the basic strategy and can tell you whether it works or not.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I should imagine it works to a certain degree of competency given the standard of villains at said levl, as would the silver strategy, as would the gold. I wouldn't think adding the information such as 'dandycal' might use at platinum level would be beneficial to a beginner.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      It's nice how poker players evolved in the last decades. The ones you see on tv started from scratch and learned the hard way, losing money for their mistakes, and now we have a lot of books, courses, articles, videos, blogs, forums, coachings, even free money, and still isn't enough.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by benguela
      My challenge to PokerStrategy is to prove that the bronze fixed limit strategy actually works.

Create a bot that implements the strategy, advertise on the front page where this bot is playing and have a running blog of it's results. Release the source code so that the community can verify that it implements the strategy correctly.

Quite simple really.
      Am I the only one who is bothered by posts like this?

you get $50 for passing a test..

clear instructions on how to NEVER go broke.. it is imposiible to lose your BR following BRM..

This site is filled with people who have poured hours and hours of effort into turning their $50 into something good,
      and really taking all the steps needed to do so.

Every once in a while along comes someone who clearly has not even given the thing a try..
      played outside of BRM cops their cash and blames the site...

Why don't you go read through the blogs and see how the strategies not only work, but take TIME!!!

their are years worth of struggles and triumph in some peoples blogs that show you that it is doable
      but also shows you that if you dick around and then just give up you were not worth giving
      the $50 to in the first place.

Your challenge is rediculous.

And even if it were not for the fact that bots are illegal, If you can not take even a small amount of time
      to actually study and learn and focus and have patience, then why would PS WASTE the time to
      program such a thing just for you?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Wow how is not clear even for you that you made this thread out of fear of losing and has nothing to do with the strategy itself?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey benguela

Are you sure you are implementing the strategy correctly?

I know I've said this to you a couple of times but POST HANDS IN THE EVALUATION FORUMS FTW!!! The game is reasonably complex (way more so than NL BSS - except I would guess if you are playing really deep stacked) so mistakes are quite possible.

Having said this the bronze and silver articles contain more than enough info for you to get a good, competent, mathematically provable (based on statistically sound empirical evidence). However if you don't apply the strategy correctly then it doesn't matter how good the strategy is.

Add to that the impact that variance has in the short - medium term (like 50k hands) I can understand why you may doubt it. However, it all makes sense.. just use the equilator and some stats programs (eg Elephant, PT3, HEM) and you can prove most of it easily.

Free your mind from negative thoughts Padawan and you will know the way of the light. :s_cool:

GL!
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      you want proof that the bronze stategy works....then go to the wednesday coaching with terrorblade and watch as he implements it and talks through the hands........pretty simple really
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      If you want proof, be the bot.

Get the basic strategy concepts drilled into your head and follow them exactly to the point you don't have to think about them. You will be happy that it was you and not a bot because you will have won the money.

It works, not only to win the money, but to get concepts ingrained in your head so that you can further build on them. You must learn that basic strategy.