[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK fold

• Gabinr1
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,05, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,05, CO calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,35, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,87) 2:club: , 7:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,45, Hero raises to $1,20, MP1 raises to $2,00, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3,27

It's this a good fold? The only thing I put him was a set.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Again without reads it's hard to say, he might donk there a lower overpair, 7x, random overcards, sets, maybe 86 but it's a stretch.

Given that you're 160bb deep with him you probably don't want to inflate the pot further unless you think he'll call a raise with 7x/88-QQ so you can stack him later.

If that's the case, since there are no real draws to protect from, you don't want him to fold worse hands, and you'll be able to easily get the money in in three streets if you raise that flop, i like your smallish raise for that purpose.

If you think he'll be able to fold those hands to a raise then i'd suggest just taking a passive c/c line to keep the pot relatively small, letting him keep betting worse hands and not isolating yourself against a range of basically sets. If broadways cards fall on later streets and he keeps betting you can sometimes find a fold on the river, since worse overpairs will likely get scared by those cards and are less likely to keep betting into you, so sets will become more likely.

Hope it helps.