From 115 to 49$ with SSS

• 41 replies
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      last year- 180->90

i think it works, otherwise people wouldn't play it.
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      i lost so many all ins with AK vs 1 player.. and not only.. QQs helped my downstring too :(
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      you mau face a heavy downswing while playing according to the sss.

you must get used to it, and try to play yoyr best.

if you think the downsuing is bad affecting your game, just give poker a time and return when you get over it.

regards.
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      im feeling bad, but im not playing bad :( i play strictly SSS. No mistake.. sigh :(
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ICamy
      im feeling bad, but im not playing bad :( i play strictly SSS. No mistake.. sigh :(
      so, give time time and this phase will pass.
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      downstrings are bad.. are reallllly bad..
    • bingoplayerUK
      bingoplayerUK
      Bronze
      SSS works with math

you only play hands that you have more than 55% of equity of winning i think

truth is, it works but you only see it with a great amount of hands played, and i mean GREAT, and its hand to find someone who can play those amounts in a short period of time (3 months) imo its not the most profitable way of playing poker, actually you become a robot

thats why I gave up playing SSS and started playing mtt's and sng's and i already tripled my bankroll
    • dirtttttt
      dirtttttt
      Bronze
      ICamy yes sss works. At least it works fine for me. You have to adapt a bit to the table and to each player, steal some blinds and sometimes even fold AK if you know you're beat (for example if a very tight/passive SSS player raises from UTG it's ok to fold AK because i don't think he could have a worst hand than yours). Remember AK is not the nuts.

Multa bafta la mese
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      I play SSS now i have get a profit of 24$ XP

But i dont follow it strictly.

By all in AK when there is a raise it will increase the variance.Instead when there is a raise before or after me with AK i just call. If i hit A or K and i don't have the initiative i just check as the raiser is bound to raise.Then i raise and tadaa got money in the pocket :P !

Lolz by playing like this for JJ AK and only all in with QQ KK AA my variance has decreased and i got less tilt moment ^_^!

My motto since i started to played poker "Better lose 5 blinds than 20 blinds"

lol

I think the SSS was made like a basic for new player to get experience and at the same time doing some profit.SSS does work if not why there is about a lot and lot of video about SSS on this forum?

But if followed SSS blindly as our friends said before you can become a robot lol.SSS give u experience about starting hand and how to raise.

I may be wrong but this is my opinion :)
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      thank you all for encouraging me. I actually got an instant bonus on Full Tilt Poker from a player that had the nick pokerstrategy555 or something like that :) i dont know who he is or if he saw my post here or if it has anything to do with my post here.. it was not much.. but it helped my morale..
    • dirtttttt
      dirtttttt
      Bronze
      The bonus you got is the rakeback. You get it every friday and it consists of 27% of the rake you make in a week.

GL
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      thats good to know.
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      down to 43$ :(
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Maybe you should try a SnG and see how that goes.. Some people are better at SNG's compared to Cash Games. But if you really play SSS the right way you will earn money. It works for me.
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      whats the difference ? im not in a mood to learn something else now :(
    • dirtttttt
      dirtttttt
      Bronze
      Don't panic camy it's not over yet. Take a break a day from poker, try to forget and start fresh from those 43$. You're on tilt now and you'll end up lossing more money.
    • ICamy
      ICamy
      Bronze
      I left the other night with 30$. That was bad.... i hope i`ll remake my bankroll and come in force.:(
    • nuxia
      nuxia
      Bronze
      Hmmm, what limit do you currently play and how many hands have you played so far?

It has been a shakey ride for me at some points too.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      When I have a downswing I come here and repeat this same bit of information to other people:

"If you continue to play well and learn about the game, the money will eventually come your way."

Of course its very hard to believe when your in a downswing but if you stick with it you should be ok.

I myself am in a breakeven swing. I find myself wondering why I spend so long playing poker carefully only to not make any money. Sick. :evil: *Prays to the Poker gods that it ends soon*