[NL2-NL10] NL5 QJo in call the AI or fold :)

• Gabinr1
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , J:heart:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,15, Hero raises to $0,45, BB calls $0,40, BU folds.

Flop: ($1,05) T:diamond: , J:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, BB raises to $1,78 (All-In), Hero calls $1,18.

Turn: ($4,61) 6:heart:
      River: ($4,61) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Qd Jh)
      BB shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Kd Ad)

Hero wins with three of a kind, jacks (Qd Jh)

First of all BB was a shortstack and I've already invested $1 in the pot, that made my call easier.

For the actual hand of my opponent I had 20% equity. But for broadway, 40%.

I think the call is justified :s_grin:
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Pre-flop: fold... again, unless you've got a very good read on the button AND if you know the BB is capable of folding, which obviously he's not. If the BB calls, BU will probably always call because of the odds + position.
      It's 5NL people just don't fold and you don't wanna play QJo out of position for the rest of the hand. Especially not in a 3-way pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg

As Mstlc stated you don't need to put yourself in those weird spots unless you're crystal clear on the fact that you're committed postflop with anything remotely good because their ranges are super wide and they are short stacked. In which case if you're willing to take the variance it's fine.

Hope it helps.