[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh

• elco49
      He has 3-bet and 4-bet several times preflop before this hand.

Seat 5 is the button
      Total number of active players : 6
      Seat 1: BB Villain ( $10 )
      Seat 2: MP1 ( $4.72 )
      Seat 3: MP2 ( $0.87 )
      Seat 4: CO ( $10 )
      Seat 5: BU ( $15.47 )
      Seat 6: SB Hero ( $11.19 )
      Hero posts small blind [$0.05]
      Villain posts big blind [$0.10]
      CO posts big blind [$0.10]
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ Ah, Td ]
      MP1 folds
      MP2 folds
      CO checks
      BU folds
      Hero raises to [$0.40]
      Villain raises to [$1.20]
      CO folds
      Hero raises to [$3.70]
      Villain calls [$2.50]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 5d, 9d, Qd ]
      Hero goes all-in
      Hero bets [$7.49]
      Villain calls [$6.30]
      Villain goes all-in
      Returning uncalled bet [$1.19] to Hero
      ** Showdown **
      Villain shows [ Kd, Ac ]
      Hero shows [ Ah, Td ]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 9h ]
      ** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
      ** Hand Conclusion **
      Villain wins $19.10 from main pot with a Flush

I think his 3-bet is a steal so I 4-bet.
      He calls. I put him on high pair or A-K.
      On the flop I have 11 outs on average imo and some fold equity.
  • 4 replies
    • Mstlc
      He's calling your 4bet pre-flop... you've got very few to no fold equity post-flop. And you don't have 11 outs. Your T is worth shit.
      A K:x, A:x K, A A:x, K K:x are all hands that have got you crushed and there is absolutely no way any of these hands are gonna fold. You've got outs against Queens, but you will still have to dodge a paired board to.

Completely overplayed your hand. Do you have stats to base this "I think he was stealing idea on"? And seriously... even if you do make that 4bet because you think he's stealing... just check/fold the flop if you missed. This is definitely a good way to donk your money away really quick.
    • elco49
      On the flop the A-K's without the diamonds have to fold, that's the fold equity. He can have Q-Q, K-K, A-A without a diamond.

Even if I'm running as low as 15-20% against his range it was not a huge mistake since I'm getting 2-1.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Try and make sure you know why you're 4betting preflop. Either villain is somewhat good and just very aggressive, in which case he won't do anything but fold against your 4bet unless he has you beat, which means when he calls you i don't expect him to ever fold anything on that flop. Or he's just a maniacish donk and he won't care about your 4bet, so you're just putting yourself in a spot where you have to call off 100bb with ATo for really no good reasons.

If that player is bothering you on your left just leave the table, there are plenty of more easily exploited fishes out there, no need to get into a variance war out of position.

Your 4bet bluff doesn't need to be that big either, even $3 is plenty. As played the flop shove isn't horrible but it's not great either, i don't mind c/f or shove given the money in the pot.

Hope it helps.
    • elco49
      Thank you. :)