SB: $10.85
      BB: $39.90
      UTG: $21.05
      Hero (MP): $44.80
      CO: $26.25
      BTN: $19.35

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with A :heart: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, UTG calls $2

Flop: ($6.35) K :diamond: K :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.35) Q :spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($10.35) 2 :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2, Hero raises to $5.50, UTG raises to $9, Hero ?

I check river behind to get more value out of my hand even though KKJ is an auto cbet spot though it doesn´t really hit worse hands imo, Jx will cal obv. but besides that ??

As played, call or raise UTG $9 raise?
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      cbet the flop.
      I don't see a reason to raise river (the 2$ raise), u only getting called/reraised by better hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet bet check, likely fold if raised.

As played his small bets are either scared Jx Qx stuff or milking bets, if you want thin value you can minraise that river in case he picked up a Q, but anything bigger will probably only get called or repoped by Kx+. When he 3bets obviously without a read that he's just insane you have to pitch it.

Hope it helps.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I really underrepresent my hand so I expect that AQ is a good hand for him to 3bet here

Furthermore I could be bluffraising the River here right? Though I am thinking a level higher + I did not played with stats but Villain wasn't a competent player
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't see him 3betting AQ there ever without history unless he's nuts, if he was betting Qx and suddenly gets raised he'll just call. He has Kx+ or he's bluffing.

Just don't assume people are bluff raising rivers at these stakes, and especially don't assume that they think you could be doing that yourself unless you know he's a thinking player and your line is really goofy, or he's seen you do it before.

Fancy plays are just not worth the risk at these stakes, the average player is bluffing way less often than you'd think.

Hope it helps.