Most profitable times to play?

• wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Since i didnt see this discussed here before i thought abouth opening a topic myself regarding this subject.

The question is pretty simple. What limits do u play and on what times do u think the game is the most profitable (dont forget to say what time zone u live). Ill go first:

Im playing Fullring Fixed Limit 0,5/1 and i have no clue yet because i just started to play at this limit. At the moment (23:30 GMT+1) there are a few nice tables but not mutch. Wenn i played the 0.25/0.50 i mostly played from 23:00 till 1:00 and sometimes 2:00. These were pretty mutch the times the game seemed profitable enough for me.

What abouth your times?
  • 19 replies
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Still no awnsers?

Can somebody just tell me when it is a good time to play on the 0.5/1 FL/FR tables? Im looking at the tables now and all the nice ones have 10+ waiting lists

Anyone?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Sorry cant tell you but it seems like the best times are still late in the evening (CET). Since there are still a lot of canadian fish.

So i guess the best time is somewhere between 20:00 - 06:00 (CET)

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      The best time is definitely when you're not too tired to be playing.
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by howard182
      The best time is definitely when you're not too tired to be playing.
      I dont agree with that. If all the tables are 70+ hands/hour the time is just not right.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Let me put it another way: when you're too tired to concentrate is the absolute worst time to play regardless of table conditions.
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Exactly =)

But i cant stand that the tables are fucked when im feeling ok and im ready to play! Like is happening now!

I hate it...i wanna play some cards
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      What abouth the Jackpot tables? I have a nice one here :

52 hands/hour and $8 avarage pot?

Is it ok to play Jackpot tables? Because u have to pay an extra $.50 rake for the jackpot.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      right now the tables are perfect... best time now :D

in 4 hours the tables get bader but until then it is a nice time to play.

maybe fullring isn't played anymore that much and thats the reason why you find so few good tables.

Jackpot tabler are bad at your limit. the fishes can'tt make it up and the pot is very small.

have you tried GLH to find good tables?
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Its been allready 2 days at these limits and im having great troubles finding myself a nice table. And yes im playing Fullring but i need to earn $100 more before i can switch to SH.

And u are saying the tables are perfect right now? Hellno! I only have 75+ hands/hour tables in my list.

Whats a GLH???
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      This is getting very frustrating. Is it always going to be like this?

I still didnt play some decent poker today. I found a nice table but it went bad on me after a few mins.

There are two nice ones now. But they have a +6 waiting list. Damn this shit. I could use some help here.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Why do you rate great tables with hands/hour?
      On these limits nearly every table should be full of fishes. The only thing I would go for is the average potsize if you don't have Gamblers Little Helper (GLH) (which seems to be not available until now for the english page :/ )
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Oh rly? So i just have to pick the ones with big pots?

I used to pick tables with the lowest hands/hour on the lower limits.

But if u say i have to pick the tables with the big avarage pots and ignore hands/hours i guess ill do that instead.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Why you picked the ones with the lowest hands?

I don't understand it :)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Presumably because a low hand rate means faster hands which means less action. Which is not what a tight aggressive player wants. Nothing beats having known suckers at your table though.
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      I think i read it somewhere. That tables with a few hands played reflects bad players. Good players make faster decisions so at these tables they play more hands.

I always used this method to pick my tables. And i have always played on the tables wich had the lowest hands/hour hehe =)
    • fdwarrior
      fdwarrior
      Platinum
      larger pot -> smaller hands/hour -> more fish
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      I think i just have to switch to SH as quick as possible. But thats going to take me a while at these tables.

Im actually thinking abouth getting my bankroll from $400 to $500 at the .25/.50 tables. This morning their was again only 1 table at .5/1 and even that one sucked.

I think it will be bether for me to just skip the .5/1 fullring games for the moment. They dont seem profitable enough for me. So ill be playing .25/.50 again till im ready for Shorthanded i guess
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Good idea. Btw what is "in the moring" for you? ;)

The worst time is after the candians went to bed (6/7am CET or GMT+1)
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Im GMT+1

Morning is like 8:00 till 11:00. And sometimes to the 0.25/.50 tables are ok and sometimes they aint. Best time to play .25/.50 would be from 23:00 till 3:00. I didnt last longer then 3:00 hehe =)

To bad the Fullring 0.5/1 tables are poop. I would have loved to play there.