[NL20-NL50] AQs - BB

• naderh1
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , Q:spade: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
      2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $2.00, SB folds.

Flop: ($6.00) A:club: , 3:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP2 raises to $8.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($22.00) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.50, MP2 raises to $38.19 (All-In), Hero???

Not sure bout my calling the 3-bet on the flop, maybe should have checked the turn...
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's a 2-bet so a simple raise on the flop, and given that guy's aggression so far i don't mind calling it and reevaluating the turn.

On the turn knowing how he plays his flushdraws and his big Ax would help, as always sets are hard to come by. He probably raises big Ax preflop to begin with and it's really not out of the question that he plays a flushdraw with a raise given how aggro he is.

Even tho it hurts when you hit two pairs i think you can either c/c a smallish bet and c/f the river or c/f the turn right away unless you put stuff like AJ+ with a club kicker in his range for doing that, which is possible but imo unlikely i think he'd raise those preflop.

Hope it helps.