Theman's blog - they allways deal me a random hand

• Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      The beginning

Hello everyone,

I'm another Estonian in this community. As some of you may have noticed I've been sneaking around this forum for a month. Finally I decided to create a blog since I'm getting more serious about poker.

My name is Kait and 18 years old. Currently I'm an high school student, soon starting my final grade. Since I go to school which locates over 100 km from my home, I have to live in a dormitory. Of-coarse there is a shared internet connection, which most of the time is overloaded and makes playing poker quite complicated. In my free time I play poker (as you may think), all though it takes a lot of time, I still try to find some time to attend my gym trainings. I also collect coins, beer bottle caps, 0,33l beverage cans and probably some other things I can't think of right now.

First steps into poker

I first contact with poker was more than two years ago, can't rally remember exactly when. Then I only played with play money, got bored fast and forgot about poker. When I changed school and moved to dormitory (2 years ago), I started hearing a lot about poker. Live cash games were often held in dormitory and there are many active players. Actually playing card games for money aren't allowed in dormitory. In Aprill this year I started playing poker again. At first I played freerolls. Soon I made my first deposit to Triobet. It was 50 Estonian crowns (3,2 euros). I was able to get it up to 6,8 euros (played omaha hi/lo). Due the unstable internet connection in dormitory I once lost 5 dollar pot which I would have probably won. Then on I burned the rest of the money quite fast. After that I continued playing freerolls.

Making my way to Pokerstartegy

At the beginning of May one classmate told me about Pokerstrategy and that you can get 50$ from there. I made an account, passed the quiz and waited. Because the ID check and not knowing about the support tickets it took me over one month to get the money. Finally I received it to Partypoker at the beginning of June.

Poker results by the time I started this blog

Multi-table tournaments
      Nothing much to write here. I have played a lot of freerolls, but not many magnificent results. Reached once to third place in a tournament with the field of 1000. made glorious 5 euros. I also attended many of these Pokerstars 1000$ Nordic freerolls, made once 22nd and once 36th place. Field was about 5000. Got a few dollars there and that was my starting capital to Pokerstars.
      Cash games
      After I got my starting capital to Party Poker I just played with it at NL4. My bankroll dropped to 43 or something. Then I reread the articles and started playing SSS. It took me some time to find out that you buy in with 20 bbs not the minimum. In Partypoker NL4 has minimum buy-in 50 bbs. After that I moved to NL10. Got my bankroll up to 55 dollars and the hit a devastating downswing. I lost 35 dollars 5200 in hands. Then I found out that I can buy in to NL2 with 20 bbs and started grinding at NL2. Now I'm up to 30 dollars again. I usually play 4-8 tables at the same time.
      I haven't cleared my starting capital yet. Still need 120 party points out of 300 and at NL2 it takes forever. I still have time until 4th of September and I'm getting those point by any means necessary. Right now I think of getting my bankroll up to 45 dollars and then move back to NL10 and clear the bonus by just trying to not to lose much.
      I also cashed in one of the freerolls in Full Tilt and won 2$. Right now I'm also playing NL2 at Full tilt and I'm up to 6,5 dollars. Soon I accept the biggest bonus ever and try to clear that as much as possible. I'm waiting with that as long as I can to win time for Party poker.
      Sit and go's
      I haven't played many of these, maybe around total of 50. Not doing very bad at SNGs. I registered to Poker Time to get the free 10$. When I got it, then I thought "What the hell, I'm not going to play at this site and you probably won't let me withdraw that 10$, so I feel free about it". I played one 2,5$ buy-in 20-men SNG. Got to the final table, I was the smallest stack. Played directly to the Push and Fold charts and soon fortunately won the game, winning 25$. Since that time Poker Time is a site where I play when I'm tired or tilted and still want to play poker.

Current goals

Party Poker:
      :diamond: Get those points and unrestrict my money. Maybe even try to clear the extra 100$.
      I have collected 243 points out of 300.
      :diamond: Spend all my Party points and get out of that site.

Full Tilt:
      :diamond: Grow my bankroll and not go broke.
      :diamond: Get the Full Tilt watch. Need to collect 9100 full tilt points for that: picture.
      I have collected 205 points out of 9100.
      :diamond: Get the Full Tilt chip set at the Full Tilt Poker Academy. Need 14700 Academy points for that: picture.
      I have collected 303 points out of 14700.
      :diamond: Participate in next One-A-Day freeroll. I need to get at least one Full Tilt Point a day for an entire month for that.
      :diamond: Participate in Sit-and-Learn freerolls every month.

Pokerstars:
      :diamond: Keep my money there and maybe one day start playing in Pokerstars.

Other:
      :diamond: Get the elephant license.
      I have collected 511 points out of 1000.
      :diamond: Read articles and keep learning no matter what (unless I quit poker:D ).
      :diamond: Attend more coachings.
      :diamond: Keep Posting hands.
      :diamond: Follow Bankroll Management.
      :diamond: Find myself a book about poker and read it.
      :diamond: Become Gold member.
      :diamond: Eventually move up limits.

Current standings

Hand count: 41588

Party Poker:
      Bankroll: 41.22$
      Party Points: 293
      Bonus to clear: 67/300

Full Tilt:
      Bankroll: 3.94$
      Full Tilt Points: 205

Pokerstars:
      Bankroll: 14,78$
      Fraquent Player Points: 2

Triobet:
      Bankroll: 15.54€
      Poker Points: 4.17

Unibet:
      Bankroll: 1.61€
      VIP Points: 1.60

Poker Time:
      Bankroll: 20.11€
      Poker Points: 26.06

Final words

I hope I can keep this blog up to date and keep you informed about my doings. Any feedback is appreciated.

Woeh, that took me almost two hours to write. I'm tired, going to sleep now. Jesus, there must be a lot of typing errors :D .
      Cheers.
  • 8 replies
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Sunday, 09.08.09 - Just another average day with a little live game.

Today wasn't very good day, lost 4 buy-ins in Full Tilt and 1 in Party Poker. Played around 1900 hands total, mostly at Party Poker.

Today my cousin came by. We played a live game with him and my brother also joined. Unfortunately I don't have a chipset but coins to as well. The game ended for me when I made a bet with my flush draw on a flop, got 3bet by my brother and after that pot was large enough to get good pot odds for a call. Didn't get my flush and he showed kings. :rolleyes:

I added and updated the progress through wards my goals.

Hand of a day:

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 3 folds, BU calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, Hero raises to $0,14, MP1 folds, BU calls $0,12, SB folds.

Flop: ($0,32) 2:heart: , 6:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $0,26 (All-In), BU calls $0,26.

Turn: ($0,84) 2:spade:
      River: ($0,84) A:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,84

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and deuces (Jd Jh)
      BU shows three of a kind, deuces (7d 2d)

BU wins with three of a kind, deuces (7d 2d)

Jesus, you must be very stupid or pure gambler for that kind of play.
      What is this guys handrange when he calls a preflop raise with this hand?

Song of a day:

Ok, first blog entry done :)

PS: I also added hand count under the current standings. It doesn't include hands played in Microgaming sites.
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Monday, 10.08.09 - NL2 is the way to go, kind of.

Today was a long day. I played 2555 hands which is my personal record per day. In Party Poker I earned about nine buy-ins, unfortunately in Full Tilt I lost instead, five buy-ins. Mostly my own mistakes, I shouldn't play so tired. At least I completed one step in my academy challenge, earning me 160 academy points. I can feel how the Full Tilts chipset is moving closer :D

It was a special day, I got one card from the Card Rush. At NL2 these cards come so slowly, it's good if you get one card in two days. Total I have opened 3 cards. Two of them contained nothing and from one I got 50 points.

Today I also received those 100 points for registering to MoneyBookers, so I'm 100 points closer to the Elephants license. Still 577 points to go.

Today I reached to the point where I have played over 30000 hands in cash game tables.

Queens of a day:

I think I won't be getting any queens for a couple of weeks. I played 1800 hands in Party Poker and I was dealt queens 14 times. Once I had queens on 3 tables simultaneously. And twice I had two queens in a row at the same table.
      I wasn't laying them down but rather but all the scared money on the line.

Ok, first examples:

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,35 (All-In), BB folds, MP2 calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,72) T:spade: , 6:diamond: , A:club:
      Turn: ($0,72) 8:heart:
      River: ($0,72) 4:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,72

Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qh)
      MP2 shows a pair of eights (7s 8s)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qd Qh)

And this hand was followed by:

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, SB folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) J:diamond: , T:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,12, BB raises to $0,26, Hero raises to $0,61 (All-In), BB calls $0,35.

Turn: ($1,39) 8:club:
      River: ($1,39) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,39

Hero shows a pair of queens (Qs Qh)
      BB shows two pairs, jacks and tens (Jc Td)

BB wins with two pairs, jacks and tens (Jc Td)

And the other run:

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0,57, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,37 (All-In), BB folds.

Flop: ($0,97) 5:heart: , 9:spade: , 8:heart:
      Turn: ($0,97) K:heart:
      River: ($0,97) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qc Qh)
      MP2 shows a pair of nines (9h Ad)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qc Qh)

And the very next hand was also the..

Win of a day:

That made me 5 buy-ins with two hands.
      Actually the largest pot I have ever won was also with queens.
      Ok, here is the hand:

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,20 (All-In), MP3 calls $0,20, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,75 (All-In), SB calls $0,74, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,55.

Flop: ($2,47) 2:club: , 4:heart: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($2,47) 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($2,47) Q:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $2,47

Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qh Qs)
      SB shows a pair of threes (3h 3s)
      MP3 shows high card ace with king kicker (Ad Kc)
      MP2 shows a pair of eights (8s 5s)

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens (Qh Qs)

Loss of a day:

You run with scared money hoping to get AA, KK or QQ and when you got one of them, you lose it all. Yeah, that's the variance.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , A:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 calls $0,02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,10, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,08, MP2 calls $0,08, MP3 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,43) 5:heart: , 4:heart: , 7:diamond: (4 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero raises $0,62 (All-In), MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,62, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1,67) T:heart:
      River: ($1,67) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1,67

Hero shows a pair of aces (As Ac)
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (2h Ah)

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (2h Ah)

Good luck!
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hey Theman365,

Keep up the good work. Hope you make a success of it!

Cheers
      Termi8r
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Wednesday, 12.08.09 - Money is growing.... slowly

Hi there,

In last two days I have played 2500 hands. Made a few dollars. Over all these losses, bad plays and bad beats it's hard to actually notice that my bankroll is still growing, slowly, but still.

Yesterday I had a nasty downswing in Full Tilt when I was just playing to get my daily 1 FTP (for the One-A-Day freeroll). I had lost considerable amount of my bankroll in a very short time and it was quite tilting. Finally I pulled myself together, reduced the amount of the tables I was playing and thought about every move I did and then I was able to get that money back. Card hit too, but who cares about them :P

I regularly participate in these 40$ freerolls for Baltic players (that is where I got my starting capital to Full Tilt in the first place). I like these, the field is about 240-300 and 18 places are paid out. Blind structure is very good, so it's good to play tight. Today I came 4 and got 2$. This isn't very much but it's still a great boost to my bankroll. These freeroll are actually the hole where my rakeback goes. Fortunately my rakeback is so small, that playing these freerolls are more profitable.

In Party Poker I am trying to get my bankroll up to 45$ then I'll switch back to NL10 and try to clear my bonus. At NL2 it is going to take forever. But if I fall bellow 30$ then I move back to NL2. Currently I'm standing on 36$. Soon I also have to accept the Biggest Bonus offer and then I get to the point when I have to clear two bonuses. But the Party Poker bonus will be the main priority.

Loss of a day:

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0,13, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,37) A:club: , K:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero raises $0,17 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0,17.

Turn: ($0,71) 5:club:
      River: ($0,71) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,71

Hero shows a pair of aces (Jh Ad)
      UTG1 shows two pairs, fives and fours (4s 5s)

UTG1 wins with two pairs, fives and fours (4s 5s)

If I'd only get called every time with this kind of hand.... :rolleyes:

Clip of a day:

Jesus, how stupid.
      Hilarious :D
      Every time I watch it gets better.

Originally posted by Termi8r
      Hey Theman365,

Keep up the good work. Hope you make a success of it!

Cheers
      Termi8r
      Yeah, thank you :)
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Saturday, 15.08.09 - Standing on the same spot.

Hello there,

Last few days have been quite busy playing poker. I have played about 4000 hands but my bankroll is still the same. Fortunately it's not decreasing. Except my Full Tilts bankroll of-coarse. It's decreasing :) . And I had a goal to take a part in a One-A-Day freeroll which for I need to collect at least one Full Tilts point per day for one month. I had done it for 11 days the blew it. It was 8 pm, I was really tired and though I'll take a nap and then make that point. I slept for 13 hours :) , then I was waken up.
      Let's wait for the next month.

Today I accepted the Biggest Bonus Ever offer, because tomorrow is the last they the offer lasts. But I will get to that bonus when I have unrestricted my starting capital. I still need 77 party points for that. Party poker also offered 50$ bonus for me but I am not going to release it.

I did play a couple of SNGs in last few days. In Poker Time, because I didn't take these seriously and I don't want my bankroll in other poker rooms would suffer. But I managed to cash in most of them. Sometimes I think I should better play SNGs rather cash games but there are some aspects I don't like about them.

In last two days have been so many runner-runner beats. It's really unbelievable how many, but I think the variance is catching up and I'm actually quite use to that already. Yeah, all forum is full of that kind of threads so I'm not going to complain here.

Runner-runner losses of a day:

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0,04, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,13, 3 folds, UTG1 raises to $0,22, Hero calls $0,19 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,67) K:heart: , 4:heart: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($0,67) J:spade:
      River: ($0,67) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,67

Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Ac Kc)
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, jacks (Qc Jc)
      UTG1 wins with three of a kind, jacks (Qc Jc)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,22) Q:spade: , K:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,10, UTG1 calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,42) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $0,13 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0,13.

River: ($0,68) 5:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,68

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Qd Kd)
      UTG1 shows a straight, five high (4d Ah)
      UTG1 wins with a straight, five high (4d Ah)

Royal Flush of a day:

Oh, and the biggest news. Got my first royal flush. Was playing one DON and blinds were quite high and I went preflop all-in with AQs.
      Actually once I have folded one hand preflop which would have turned into Royal Flush, but that does not count.

Picture of a day:

Ok, I'm out now :f_cool:
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Sunday, 16.08.09 - Quiet day.

Good evening,

Today was a quiet day. I played only 700 hands in cash games and made 4 buy-ins. Probably the variance will catch up later because I once even hit my set of tens :f_p: .

I also played couple of SNGs in Poker Time. One DON and 3 five man normal SNGs. Cashed in every game. 2 second and 1 third place. Actually the third place doesn't pay off. Buy-in is 0.5$+0,1$ and third place gets 0,5$.

I like the level of the players in Poker Time. Many of them are worse than me. But I am not taking seriously playing there because this is just so small room, here are no full ring tables and I think their bonus system might get them broke.

Queens of a day:

That one was really close. Even I can hit my 2 outs on the river :s_biggrin:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, MP1 calls $0,08, 4 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,26) 4:diamond: , 8:club: , 4:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero raises $0,29 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,29, SB folds.

Turn: ($0,84) 6:diamond:
      River: ($0,84) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,84

Hero shows a full-house, queens full of fours (Qh Qc)
      MP1 shows a full-house, sixes full of fours (6h 6s)
      Hero wins with a full-house, queens full of fours (Qh Qc)

Quote of a day:

As I read the Revlises signature one Homer Simpson quote game in mind:

"First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women."
      Homer Simpson

Clip

To the next time.
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Thursday , 20.08.09 - Milestone reached, things are going very well.

Hi,

In last 4 days I have played 4000 hands, that was enough to pass the 40k hands mark. That was also enough to reach my bankroll over 40$. Couple of dollars more, after I reach 45$, then I'll switch to NL10 to clear my starting capital. I don't know what I'm going to play after that but I need to get those last points, because the time is running out and after 33k hands in Party poker it would be a shame to lose every last penny.

Queens of a day:

Yes, queens are bitches and MP1s are stupid and that's the way we like.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 calls $0,02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,12, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,29) 9:spade: , J:diamond: , Q:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,10, Hero raises to $0,28 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,18.

Turn: ($0,85) T:spade:
      River: ($0,85) 7:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,85

Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qs Qh)
      MP1 shows a straight, king high (Kh 9h)

MP1 wins with a straight, king high (Kh 9h)

Tournament of a day:

Today I participated in a freeroll in Triobet. It was special freeroll for players in one community. Price pool was 100€ and first place won a ticket to Trobet Live tournament worth 70€. Field was 280.
      It was nice game, blinds were slow, the average level players didn't seam very skilled and cards were beautiful. After a couple of hours I found myself heads-up with the chip leader. Fortunately second place was that what I wanted. In Estonia you need to be 21 to enter the casino where that live tournament took place. I'm 18. Selling or trading that ticket was not possible. And that's why I started folding. I think I would have even won (but who knows). I folded JJ, AA, AK and three of a kind of sixes. And that was only in about 20 hands. And this guy was very glad after he got that ticket to the tournament.

That win came in a right time. That money will go to Full Tilt now as a seed to my bankroll.

See you later.
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Friday, 21.08.09 - Ending the chapter.

Hello,

Today I reached my bankroll in Party Poker to 44$. I decided to give another try on NL10. I know it's a bit aggressive Bankroll Management to move up a limit with 22 buy-ins, but I just need to play there couple of thousand hands and if I fall bellow 30$ at any point then I will start with NL2 again.
      I don't know what I am going to do with my bankroll in Party poker after I have cleared the starting capital. Probably I'll try to clear that additional 100$ bonus in the second half of September and also in October.

So it's time to make a summary:

Quad of a day:

I like to flop monsters and I like villains who make playing them very easy.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:heart: . MP1 posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, BU calls $0,10, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,27) K:spade: , K:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,19, Hero raises to $0,25 (All-In), BU calls $0,06.

Turn: ($0,77) 3:heart:
      River: ($0,77) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,77

Hero shows four of a kind, kings (Kd Kh)
      BU shows a pair of kings (4d Ac)
      Hero wins with four of a kind, kings (Kd Kh)

See you at NL10!