The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $25.00
      SB: $28.48
      BB: $22.95
      UTG: $25.00
      Hero (MP): $35.54
      CO: $5.85

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with T :spade: T :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $3, SB calls $2.90, 1 fold, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($9.25) 6 :club: 5 :spade: 8 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $5, SB folds, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he's a regular he should c-bet on that board against two players without having you beat. He made it really small tho. On the off chance that he c-bets too much and is bluffing there you can maybe peel one off but i'd expect a turn shove somewhat often, to which you'll have to fold especially on an overcard without a read that he can do that with air too.

Hope it helps.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      So just to make it clear - I call his flop bet and then:

1st scenario - turn comes 2 :club: , he shoves
      2nd scenario - turn comes K :club: , he shoves

What do i do?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Fold on the Kc, it could have hit his weak-c-bet range. Some guys have the balls to bluffshove that scarecard at nl25 but you won't run into them that often. So unless you're specifically planning to call him down with a read that he'll bluff those cards always, you're better off putting the money in on the flop if you're not gonna give him credit for JJ+ when he bets the turn.

2c not so different in the end. He's less likely to bluff that card because he can't expect you to fold whatever you called the flop with, but his range hasn't improved this time. I expect most people to just shut down there without an overpair and you only beat one of those, it's not worth the call down against an unknown.

I totally agree that these folds look weak against good aggro players, but few of those are playing nl25. You'll save yourself a lot of money by giving more credit to the players rather than by calling down lighter. All of this is of course assuming that this guy is some sort of tag, if he's a total donk or an aggro monkey by all means call him down.

Hope it helps.