This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 JJ 3bet pot 3 way

• Karamazow
      Karamazow
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($89.19)
      CO ($54.84)
      BTN ($24.86)
      Hero (SB) ($50.25)
      BB ($21.80)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is SB J:club: J:heart:
      UTG raises to $2, CO calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, UTG calls $6, CO calls $6

Flop: K:spade: 5:diamond: 3:club: ($24.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: A:heart: ($24.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

River: 3:spade: ($24.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $12, Hero calls $12, UTG folds

Sometimes I cbet those dry flops, but I decided to check 3way. Utg is a TAG and I expect him calling with AQ+, TT+. CO (23/12/inf/130h) range here is pretty much small and middle pocket pairs. Turn brings a scare card A, so now I have to check. I see no value in betting the river and go for the showdown. Utg insta check and CO bets 1/2 pot like if he was value betting. I have just a bluff catcher, but he may turn his hand into a bluff and decide to buy the pot, so I call. Is it ok?
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I think I would have played it the same way, but that doesn't mean Its the right way to do it.

His river position bet, a cheap way of stealing pot with a hand w/o SD value or a passively played K or weak A?

He may think we can have a passively played K that would now call his bet river so really is only v-betting the A or good K himself?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with your line has on big minus, you can´t really call twice on that board and likely you won´t play AK+ that way, so good players see that you´re holding there medium pp or just decided to give up, so they would turn their made hands into bluff and blow you off the pot.
      Thatś why I like c-bet, also you´re protecting your hand against A/Q and some two outs.
      c/c river is fine
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      with your line has on big minus, you can´t really call twice on that board and likely you won´t play AK+ that way, so good players see that you´re holding there medium pp or just decided to give up, so they would turn their made hands into bluff and blow you off the pot.
      Thatś why I like c-bet, also you´re protecting your hand against A/Q and some two outs.
      c/c river is fine
      imo c/c is much +EV than cbetting. by cbet he will call only with hands that beat me but with c/c i will still invest the same amount of money but i will let try to steal the pot with some lower pp.

yes people rarely call 3bets with such stuff but still i think c/c is +ev.

can some1 please apply some math connected to his possible range
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      c/c river is fine
      imo c/c is much +EV than cbetting. by cbet he will call only with hands that beat me but with c/c i will still invest the same amount of money but i will let try to steal the pot with some lower pp.

yes people rarely call 3bets with such stuff but still i think c/c is +ev.

can some1 please apply some math connected to his possible range
      I really can´t understand your question. You´re not really c/c twice, so I don´t see why you should calculate some math there.
      if you´re going to c/c, you have players have air or worse pp and then give up. I like c-bet there the reasons as I said- for protection and taking pot right there, if get called I´m likely behind and take free showdown if someone is offering that.
      c/c is likely fine if you think they stab once with worse hands and then check it down and since I´m not sure how often they check it down if they see me once c/c with medium pp then I don´t like that line.