Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($89.19)
      CO ($54.84)
      BTN ($24.86)
      Hero (SB) ($50.25)
      BB ($21.80)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is SB J:club: J:heart:
      UTG raises to $2, CO calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, UTG calls $6, CO calls $6

Flop: K:spade: 5:diamond: 3:club: ($24.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: A:heart: ($24.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

River: 3:spade: ($24.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $12, Hero calls $12, UTG folds

Sometimes I cbet those dry flops, but I decided to check 3way. Utg is a TAG and I expect him calling with AQ+, TT+. CO (23/12/inf/130h) range here is pretty much small and middle pocket pairs. Turn brings a scare card A, so now I have to check. I see no value in betting the river and go for the showdown. Utg insta check and CO bets 1/2 pot like if he was value betting. I have just a bluff catcher, but he may turn his hand into a bluff and decide to buy the pot, so I call. Is it ok?
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I think I would have played it the same way, but that doesn't mean Its the right way to do it.

His river position bet, a cheap way of stealing pot with a hand w/o SD value or a passively played K or weak A?

He may think we can have a passively played K that would now call his bet river so really is only v-betting the A or good K himself?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with your line has on big minus, you can´t really call twice on that board and likely you won´t play AK+ that way, so good players see that you´re holding there medium pp or just decided to give up, so they would turn their made hands into bluff and blow you off the pot.
      Thatś why I like c-bet, also you´re protecting your hand against A/Q and some two outs.
      c/c river is fine
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      with your line has on big minus, you can´t really call twice on that board and likely you won´t play AK+ that way, so good players see that you´re holding there medium pp or just decided to give up, so they would turn their made hands into bluff and blow you off the pot.
      Thatś why I like c-bet, also you´re protecting your hand against A/Q and some two outs.
      c/c river is fine
      imo c/c is much +EV than cbetting. by cbet he will call only with hands that beat me but with c/c i will still invest the same amount of money but i will let try to steal the pot with some lower pp.

yes people rarely call 3bets with such stuff but still i think c/c is +ev.

can some1 please apply some math connected to his possible range
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      c/c river is fine
      imo c/c is much +EV than cbetting. by cbet he will call only with hands that beat me but with c/c i will still invest the same amount of money but i will let try to steal the pot with some lower pp.

yes people rarely call 3bets with such stuff but still i think c/c is +ev.

can some1 please apply some math connected to his possible range
      I really can´t understand your question. You´re not really c/c twice, so I don´t see why you should calculate some math there.
      if you´re going to c/c, you have players have air or worse pp and then give up. I like c-bet there the reasons as I said- for protection and taking pot right there, if get called I´m likely behind and take free showdown if someone is offering that.
      c/c is likely fine if you think they stab once with worse hands and then check it down and since I´m not sure how often they check it down if they see me once c/c with medium pp then I don´t like that line.