Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($30.16)
      Hero (CO) ($50.00)
      BTN ($41.12)
      SB ($50.48)
      BB ($60.50)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is CO Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, SB calls $4.75, 1 fold, UTG folds

Flop: 4:spade: 8:diamond: 6:heart: ($12, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.50, SB calls $7.50

Turn: K:heart: ($27, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB calls $11

River: 3:heart: ($49, 2 players)
      SB bets $26.98, Hero calls $26.50

Final Pot: $102.48

SB: 56/20/0.6/26h. I played with him on 2 tables and he quickly lost 3/4 of his stack at the other table making bad calldowns. I am very confident that my hand is the best on the flop. At this point I put him on a smaller pocker pair. Turn is not that great but still i decided to bet less than 1/2. He calls which seems weak and when the backdoor flush completes insta shoves. I went with my read and called but should I make a more committing bet on the turn and just go broke?
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Against a normal villain on turn he might fold his lower Pockets or Pairs and only call the K or FD in which case I might check for bluff induce and call his bet on river as well as to avoid getting bluffcheckraised if He is aggressive. However, if this guy makes bad calldowns I think I bet turn also.

River is tricky, but depending on how aggressive he is a fold may be possible. You say he makes bad calldowns which makes me think he's more of a passive type of guy, therefore I think a river Fold to his insta-bet can be possible.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if he is calling station, then bet more on the flop even close to pot.
      I´d likely would bet turn again, since I don´t see him having too many Kx hands in his ranges. You can both call or fold river, don´t see how 3 could helped him a lot of times, so he can easily turn 55/77 into bluff.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You can both call or fold river, don´t see how 3 could helped him a lot of times, so he can easily turn 55/77 into bluff.
      Is it not possible that as a calling station he can call far too wide on flop with :heart: :heart: then hit his Flush Draw on turn to call again or would his Suited hand have to contain a pair to call flop? I know that even with 0.6AF he can bluff but still we can actually believe him in this instance if he calls SO wide on flop right?

Sorry for making question, I'm just thinking that my tendancy to a fold here may mean I am playing too much with scared money maybe? I don't want to be folding too much.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure it's possible, that's a reason why those guys are often frustrating to play against. He'll show up with 9h8h or even Ah8h in this spot sometimes. That could also be his way of slowplaying stuff like 44, they're bad players after all. You only need to be good there one time out of four to show a profit tho, which is why it's close even against that passive guy.

Hope it helps.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      ok, thanks.