Fish finder (but who are the fish?)

• howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I've been meaning to write a program to help determine profitable and unprofitable player groups for use with GLH for a little while but got stuck in some tricky maths and haven't got round to coding it, so until then maybe some users could post their player profiles? (FR NL in particular.)

Bar a few megafish, I'm just seeing a lot of red right now, which while being broadly right is certainly not precisely correct.
  • 7 replies
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      some of the fish i play have stats vpip > 60 and AF < 1.0
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      40vpip+ is all I need to know ^^
      20pfr+ i give them a LAG (40vpip+)

I am too lazy to work out every detail while searing the tables. (There aren't even enough to make a bigger/better search for them...)

Maybe on the lower limits this would be helpfull but If you start with VPIP, pfr, af and wts it should work

passive fish(LP):
      > 40 vpip
      < 20 pfr
      < 1 af
      > 40 wts

aggressive fish (LAG):
      > 40 vpip
      > 20 pfr
      > 1 af
      > 40 wts

passive fish who fold very much(LP):
      > 40 vpip
      < 20 pfr
      < 1 af
      < 30 wts

aggressive fish who bluff enough but fold often if he fears a better hand (too often ^^) (LAG):
      > 40 vpip
      > 20 pfr
      > 1 af
      < 30 wts

maybe this help you :)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Unfortunately players can't be filtered for AF in GLH (I spent a while writing an AF implementation for it only to find to my disappointment that it's display only). There's something called AFT but it's some kind of preflop metric.

This might not be as big an issue as I thought though. It turns out that I'd misunderstood the profile system in one major aspect and now I'm getting much better looking results. A puzzle remains though: what does the BB filter compare against? My two guesses were stack size and win rate but it seems to be neither. It's not available for display so I can't check the query and script that would generate it nor make guesses based on the value.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      is GLH out in english or you talking about the ger version ?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      ger version :/
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      The only version that exists, I'm afraid. If the translation was finished I'm sure it would be on http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/software/ already.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      If it makes you feel any better, it hasn't had a measurable impact on my BB/100 :D