Bubble play for mtt

• hev27
      hev27
      Bronze
      I have had pocket 10s and jjs under the gun with about 10 bb on the bubble how would you play these. Do a raise call an allin or just open push, both time i got called with aces. that i cant help but how do othere play these. I have been going deep alot just lately and am coming into these situations more often.

How do other play the bubble with 10, 20 and 5-10 bb

thanks
      Hev
  • 7 replies
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      I would definitive fold preflop if I wasn´t deep, then I would try to steel some blinds with a raise. In the bubble, there is just stupid to risk your stack (make a push) with surch a mariginal hand as pocket 10´s or jacks. As you said, somebody with AA, KK or even QQ or could call and then you would really regret your decision. Just wait until the bubble is over and then start push again with hands like JJ/1010!

Best regards
      Janus
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Im sorry but the previous poster is 100% wrong.
      Players that fold into the money are never sucessfull and never make any money, you have a premium hand with a short stack you have to push it.

Do you want to just double your money and then not place in the next 10?
      The only way to be sucessfull at MTT's is to go for the win no matter what.

Hope this helps in future decisions
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Players that fold into the money are never sucessfull and never make any money, you have a premium hand with a short stack you have to push it.

+1 Instapush TT/JJ when you only have 10BBs left, there are only 3 hands that have you crushed. Why even play MTT if you're happy with doubling up? Always play for the win!
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac

this

In the past week i have been knocked out on the bubble with these hands

kk vs AQ
      AA vs QQ
      KK vs A10
      KJS vs 33

I have no regrets tho
    • Prabhatallin
      Prabhatallin
      Platinum
      Yup. All the experienced players here are 1000% right. It's very normal to not cash for even 20 tournaments in a row. You have to play for the win because even 1 win in an MTT will make up for many,many losses.

If you don't have at least 100 Buyins dont play MTTs because you should play them only to place near the top. If the money by min-cashing matters a lot to you, you are playing at stakes which are too high.
    • Alucard23
      Alucard23
      Silver
      push is good, but i dont think its nessesary, players always tighten up on bubble and this is one of the phases i get more aggressive. i rather steal blinds, than go broke with JJ utg. dont u think so?
    • DazBones
      DazBones
      Bronze
      agree 100% with lennonac...if you get passive ITM then you arent gonna be a good poker player,never,erasing the fear of losing money is like one of the firsts if not the first step to do for good poker.