Poker terms - please explain

• kudzis
      kudzis
      Bronze
      Hi,

i've posted few hands in hand evaluation section, but i don't quite understood the answers. Could you please explain some terms for me?

1) NL5 AJs - straight on turn

"drawing to 3 clean 8 outs" means 3 players each have 8 out to make their hand best?

"runner runner stuff" - is this the same as backdoor draw?

"crushes MP2's range for calling you preflop." - no idea what this means

2) NL5 JJ - drawy flop

"stack off against SB/BU" - what is stack off?
  • 3 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      If you don't understand judge's response or want to know something more you can ask your questions in the original thread and just check the button "Advice a judge to take another look at that thread".
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Runner Runner straight/flush draw = backdoor straight/flush draw = you have 3 cards necesary for your straight or flush, and you need to catch a good card on the turn AND on the river. Ex: you have T8 :heart: flop is 9 :spade: 3 :diamond: A :heart: You have a backdoor straight draw and a backdoor flush draw to the nuts. From what i can remember you make a backdoor flush draw about 5% of the time and a backdoor straight draw a little less, maybe 4%, depending on what type is it (if it's gapped, like 8TJ you have less, if it's 8TQ even less, etc...)

Stacking off= going all in

Crush a range = lol, see the english dictionary

Clean outs = outs that will certainly make you the best hand (nuts). For example if you have a straight draw on the turn you think you have 8 outs but if it's possible that another player has a flush draw you will have 6 clean outs (because of the 2 suited cards that complete that flush) and 2 partial outs (they may work as well, but someone could have made a flush).
    • kudzis
      kudzis
      Bronze
      radyan111, andreibalint, thank you for your answers.