[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH 74s

• forfree83
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4:heart: , 7:heart:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,50, Hero raises to $2,50, SB calls $2,25, 2 folds.

Flop: ($6,00) 9:spade: , 4:diamond: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,00, SB calls $4,00.

Turn: ($14,00) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14,00) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $9,97, Hero calls $9,97.

Final Pot: $33,94

I was playing quite agresive 27/24 and I think my image was noticeble. Question is if to call the river bet. No history with this oponent. I've decided to call couse he's nitty and could easily play this way with JT, QT, QJ or mayby any brodways and with many stronger hands he'd bet turn propably.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      bet 10$ on the turn
      you have fold equity against any one pair hand
      if called you can take free showdown or turn your hand into bluff and bet again
      if you improve you can bet again and likely won big pot
      river- I´m folding, only hand you beat is JT and not really sure he is going to c/c flop, he might rather c/r to fold out your Ax hands
    • forfree83
      I was thinking about betting the turn while playing but I don't see any better hand folding. SB is tight pre-flop but has high WTS so i prefer a free card.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Since Kaitz will be away for a few days i'll take over.

I know why he prefers to bet that turn and if you plan on maintaining a lag style like 27/24 you should probably heed his advice, as it's good for your overall game plan to be able to show up there with bluffs/semibluffs, and since you have a ton of outs it's never bad to put a lot of money in there.

I myself tend to be way tighter than he is, so i don't find myself on that situation nearly as often, which is why i don't mind a check behind. I expect a 11/5 calling my flop c-bet on that shitty board (repping basically an overpair) to be strong enough to c/r that turn much more frequently against me than against Kaitz who gets floated a lot. That would take me off this draw, which would suck.

Speaking of which, that river donk will also be a valuebet from an average player that whiffed a turn c/r a good amount, and there aren't that many busted draws he can show up with there, given his stats it's even doubtful if he'll bet any of those as a bluff, so i'm also fold that river.

Hope it helps.