Flop play

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      what do you do after the flop if you ar holding a pocket pair and an overcard flops ? last night i had QQ and the Flop was K4 2 and i capped it pre flop and this guy and a calling station called. after the flop he was betting and i just shut down check/call to the river . he had A9o. who play like that ?i didnt't get enough value for my queens. so what do you think?

and another thing in the basic video there is and example to the continuation bet... you hold pocket TT and the Flop comes A 8 4. so you do the C-betbut what do you do if you are reraised? just call the flop and fold turn unimpruved ?
  • 2 replies
      Bronze
      I think you may find your answers here...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/121/

I can't read it all yet because I am not silver untill I think Tommorow.. so sorry IF I am wrong here...
    • cubbybri
      cubbybri
      Bronze
      The games about information. It seems you didn't have enough info on this guy so I think you may have been right to just call him down it this case. But you now know he'll bet flop with an oc on a dry board on the flop. Good info to have. So even though you did not get great value on this hand, the next one you may get closer to the best EV versus him.

And my usual answer answer for the example on the continuation bet is.. it depends. I think without knowing the opponent your default could be to cbet and then fold UI. If you haven't seen any showdowns of the opponent but know he's very agro. Maybe a calldown would be in order depending on how the turn and river come.