Is clearing the bonus in under 90 days realistic for a total beginner?

• suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Passed the quiz, but I´m such a beginner that, for example, I can´t instantly recognize a straight as yet.

So is it really feasible to clear the bonus in under 90 days for someone like me?

I´m planning to play at pokerstars. It just seems bigger and able to provide a large number of tables at any time. Not sure if thats the case.
  • 19 replies
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      The bonus is impossible to clear unless you deposit some of your own money and play at NL25 for 8 hours a day.

Don't worry about it though, the important thing is to learn the game slowly at your own pace instead of trying to clear bonuses.

One day when you're ready to play NL25 or NL50, you'll be able to register at all the major poker sites and clear multiple bonuses that are worth thousands of dollars.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Try Full Tilt, very easy bonus to clear.

2 hours a day at NL2 should do it.
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      i did not deposit any my own money and played about 7 hours a day and cleared the bonus in 2 weeks
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Hello suaveplayer,

I would seriously recommend working on your game and improving your winrate first. Don't worry about bonus clearing, I've seen a lot of beginning players go broke trying to clear a bonus as quickly as possible. Your main winnings will come from your play at the tables, the pending bonus is just a little extra they give you to encourage you to play.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Full tilt too.

Played about 5 hours a day clear it in one month so if u play 2 hours a day on NL5 (0.02/0.05) in 30 days it is possible.

But the thing you must remember.Play to make profit and experience don't play for the bonus.I was a total beginner i played for the bonus so i played too much table at a time and did not follow the SSS correctly i lost my bonus lol

But now i'm trying get it back :P
    • Bender93
      Bender93
      Bronze
      On FTP i cleared 35 of my bonus in first month.
      Just try to move to higher limits as soon sa you have enough money.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bender93
      Please never give people this advice again.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      you are all noobs

i cleared it in a fortnight playing 1-2 hours a day

no deposit

after a month: more than 10x the $50

never broke brm

edit: in fact i played super conservative br
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      To elaborate.Always be strict with your bankroll management else your bankroll won't last long.Play for profit not for the bonus if you rush yourself too much to get your bonus at higher limit you will find yourself without bankroll.

No bankroll = no bonus & no more poker xD

Originally posted by shortfuse
      you are all noobs

no deposit

never broke brm

Lol sorry to be noob :P ! Need to be a noob to become a pro :)

But at least getting some improvement like losing less and break-even

Noob style to Pro style

losing - breaking even - profiting xD !

lol
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      To elaborate.Always be strict with your bankroll management else your bankroll won't last long.Play for profit not for the bonus if you rush yourself too much to get your bonus at higher limit you will find yourself without bankroll.

No bankroll = no bonus & no more poker xD

Originally posted by shortfuse
      you are all noobs

no deposit

never broke brm

Lol sorry to be noob :P ! Need to be a noob to become a pro :)

But at least getting some improvement like losing less and break-even

Noob style to Pro style

losing - breaking even - profiting xD !

lol

you are very right

i should echo your opinion and stress to everyone- play well, don't play for bonuses
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      +1

To put it in the most basic terms Suave...

YES, the bonus is clearable within the timeframe

BUT, dont make that your focus...if you get some or all of the bonus, great, if not then dont make any particular effort for it. As you said, you are a complete noob at the moment, so focus on learning and developing your game, and then the long term gains will be worth much more than a starting bonus.

If you are as new as you say (strugle to recognise straight etc), i'd recomment you spend as much time reading and learning as you do playing for now.

Good luck at the tables.
    • Majaee
      Majaee
      Bronze
      i cleared 1/2 of my bonus on FTP in 7-8 hours playing different limits up to NL50
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Majaee
      i cleared 1/2 of my bonus on FTP in 7-8 hours playing different limits up to NL50
      How did you do that? You're still bronze....
    • Majaee
      Majaee
      Bronze
      i didnt say i completed the bonus did i :) ) i went bankrupt after 1/2 of the bonus , played too higher limits
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      I cleared it easily with SSS at NL10, started 16-tabling 2 weeks after I started playing online poker, thx to my leet skillz from video games :P .
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by Majaee
      i didnt say i completed the bonus did i :) ) i went bankrupt after 1/2 of the bonus , played too higher limits
      Cool

Did u happen to have mentioned a BRM thingy when u signed up?
    • archsama
      archsama
      Bronze
      I had never played real money online since I got here. Got my $50 on party poker less than a week ago and I have 83/300 party points now (playing 4 tables in NL10). I am quite sure that I can clear the 300 points. Not just for the $50 but for the learning here, opening new strategies and listening to expert live coaching.

I had doubts too before I started playing but if you really want to improve your game, you can clear the bonus based in what you learn here, no doubt about it.
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks everybody for sharing your thoughts.

I´ve been playing some playmoney games just to get used to online-play and trying to get used to multitable 4 tables at least.

One thing I´ve noticed is that playmoney games are the way I suspected they were, people do dumb shit and bet high with weak hands (some highly risky bluffs) just because there´s no money involved so I can say there´s little to be learned in these games.

Also noticed that fixed limit games are not much my style since applying much pressure when you have a strong hand because just doesn´t work, they will just call all the time (that could obviously not be the case if it was real money).

As soon as I get SSS internalized I will get the bonus and play real money.
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suaveplayer
      Hey, thanks everybody for sharing your thoughts.

I´ve been playing some playmoney games just to get used to online-play and trying to get used to multitable 4 tables at least.

One thing I´ve noticed is that playmoney games are the way I suspected they were, people do dumb shit and bet high with weak hands (some highly risky bluffs) just because there´s no money involved so I can say there´s little to be learned in these games.

Also noticed that fixed limit games are not much my style since applying much pressure when you have a strong hand because just doesn´t work, they will just call all the time (that could obviously not be the case if it was real money).

As soon as I get SSS internalized I will get the bonus and play real money.
      You dont need to do that AT ALL

Just play whatever you want, how much you want ;)