CO ($9.44)
      Button ($10.44)
      SB ($0.61)
      Hero (BB) ($10.49)
      UTG ($1.12)
      UTG+1 ($5.71)
      MP1 ($20.68)

Preflop: Hero is BB with , A :diamond: J :spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.70, UTG calls $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.60, Button calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.85) ,4 :spade: 3 :club: J :diamond: , (4 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $2.20, Button raises to $5.70, Hero folds

I've learned something from you to fold the big pair on a dry table but in this case was a disaster :( (
  • 4 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I'm folding here to I think. Nice hand imo. Unless button is just a massive donk then you can call cause he might do this with KJ, QJ, JT etc etc.
      Against a decent tag you're always sitting against a set here I think.
    • mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      The man was vpip 20.53 pfr 6.62 wtsd 13.33 af 4.60, how do i know if he's a donk or not from the stats?For me it's a very frustrating hand because it ruined my morale last night, i was playing very good and then this hand came.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

How many hands do you have on him ? If it's a decent sample size he won't be a tag very often with such a gap between his vpip and his pfr, that guy is coldcalling way too much stuff. Plus he has a high AF, which means his raise here could be a lot weaker than expected.

The reason we advise you to fold in that spot against reasonable tags is because they won't ever commit themselves against both you and the shortstacked fish with that raise unless they have a set in that spot, it's a really strong move.

That guy however doesn't really fit the profile and might do that with random top pairs too, which makes this a shove for me.

Sorry if we somehow failed to explain this correctly before, but you rarely provide stats on your opponents, so we try to keep you out of trouble against unknowns with ~100bb stacks by assuming they are average regulars as long as their play and bet sizing makes sense in the present hand. Just give stats on relevant opponent right off the bat in the future if you want us to be able to make informed decisions.

Also i'm assuming you refer to this as a "disaster" because you ended up folding the best hand, but it's gonna happen over and over again, you need to get used to it. We fold the best hand very often without even realizing it. It doesn't matter if the situation you're in isn't profitable, and in this particular case you'll see a set almost always from a tag regular, which means it's not profitable to make that call against decent players.

Hope it helps.
    • mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      200 hands i have of him, my intention was not to acuse you of anything i think it's very good to learn us when to fold because this is the main thing in poker folding, imo. I just said that in this case the villain had K J and the fish had Q 4 :) ).