UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($12.85)
      UTG+2 ($22.24)
      MP1 ($14.55)
      MP2 ($8.46)
      CO ($6.13)
      BTN ($25.73)

Dealt to Hero 3:club: 3:spade:

UTG raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold

FLOP ($1.95) 4:spade: 8:heart: 6:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3, UTG calls $2

TURN ($7.95) 4:spade: 8:heart: 6:spade: K:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks

RIVER ($7.95) 4:spade: 8:heart: 6:spade: K:club: 7:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks

His UTG first in raise is 11%, so I decided to check/raise this flop, however his flop cbet is kinda low, so I guess it's possible for him to not cbet overcards here at all, right? What do you think? Let's say turn is a low card- is there any sense to bet again after his flop action?
  • 6 replies
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I follow the "no set no bet" in this case. Would like to know what the judges think.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Since you have a decent sample size i`m guessing he isn`t cbetting air so I would just c/f here on the flop.

As played I don`t see any point on barreling turn again , he isnt letting go of much he called flop with.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You called preflop specifically because that guy's range is strong enough for you to try and crack it, so why do you think that suddenly changed when he c-bet an awful board like that ? Just c/f.

You can donk out blank turns if he doesn't c-bet to get rid of his whiffed overcards, or check it down if you think he'll even pot control smallish overpairs on that board which some nits will.

As played you can fire again but it'll commit you to a 3 streets pure bluff because he won't fold to just another turn bet. And you're not even sure that guy is capable of folding an overpair ever, just give it up imo.

Hope it helps.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

You called preflop specifically because that guy's range is strong enough for you to try and crack it, so why do you think that suddenly changed when he c-bet an awful board like that ? Just c/f.
      So you say that for opponent not Cbeting with overcards is just standard here? Yes, low, suited board, but still I'm just a SB caller...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Assuming he views you as a tag you'll be flatting there overcards, pocket pairs and sometimes speculative medium suited cards:

- he should expect to have your overcards dominated which means if he lets you in the pot by checking behind and you both hit his kicker will make him money.

- chances are you aren't folding many pocket pairs on that board since it doesn't connect with his utg range unless he has an overpair, and even by checking behind with overcards he still has about 25% to improve on later streets.

- your speculative suited connectors connected with that flop in some way almost always, so he has no reason to think you're ready to go away yet.

I wouldn't mind your play if his range was a little wider preflop and he was a c-bet monkey, but i think that guy's c-bet is usually strong there.

Hope it helps.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Yes, you really help a lot :) btw he had JJ, so guess I had no chance to make him fold as he would just downcall me