BSS vs. SSS

• fenderboy993
      fenderboy993
      Silver
      hi,

played about 10000 hands at 0.05/0.1 SSS and have broken even, but im thinking of changing to 0.02/0.05 BSS.

just wondering whether this would be generally more profitable in the long run and what would be a good and realistic big blinds/100 hands to aim for?

thanks

fenderboy993
  • 6 replies
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      My winrate skyrocketed after I switched from SSS to BSS

The problem with SSS is that it only works against stupid players. On ipoker where I play, the players are way too nitty and will immediately fold to any raise from a shortstack. This results in me sitting there for hours and hours waiting for good hands, only to have people fold when I raise.

On the off chance that someone DOES call, you then have to deal with variance. At the end of the day, the blinds, the constant folds and suckouts, are just too much to overcome.

After I switched to BSS I was able to push these nits around and win a lot of money stealing blinds and raising people out of pots with semi-bluffs and contibets. I average around 14BB/100 at NL10 these days.

Not only is BSS more profitable, but it makes the game infinitely more interesting to play.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I've loved switching from SSS to BSS. With SSS you earn about $1 an hour on NL4 and then you can lose it all in a bad beat. With BSS you play more hands and end up earning more, although i've had an awful run today, losing $20 on NL10, losing $5 on pocket JJ and then on two 2 pairs, and then the final $5 of my loss due to me playing a pocket 77 dreadfully. So a combo there bringing my daily loss to $20 :(
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Mate i really dont understand what ur up to here.
      If ur looking for the fastest way to get rich,NL5k is the way,apart from that i dont see any reason to compare 2different game stategies.

Also i dont see anyway u making a better profit with BSS at NL5 than SSS NL100.

Imo the most important matter is to find what u prefer to play,not what others say they make more money with. :f_biggrin:
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      With BSS you have way more control of the outcome as you got both turn and river to continue betting or folding. With SSS you're usually folding or pushing on the flop. I've been running steadily at 25+BB/100 NL10 since switching from SSS to BSS. Honestly, SSS isn't poker, you don't really adapt to your opponent and all your actions are predetermined. BSS is way more fun =D
    • fenderboy993
      fenderboy993
      Silver
      thanks for all the replies and i agree with all of them. mrpavlos, as others have stated, i find that at NL10 SSS, unless you find yourself with a complete donkey, you wait for a hand, open raise and everyone folds.

with the BSS it gives you more oppurtunity to loosen up and play hands like 10js which you just cant with the SSS. of course this means when you do get a hand you are more likely to get paid, at least thats what im hoping ;)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yeah that's right :) Although be forewarned, bigger payouts means bigger losses :(