This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

what do you do on tilt?

• dianaisaS
      dianaisaS
      Bronze
      well this was just to report a 700$ bill to repair my MacBook Pro because of a punch i gave it after a few badbeats in a row at Pacific Poker
      is it me or everone breaks stuff when on mad tilts?

everyone feel free to beat me :)
  • 27 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      its not just you but I don't take out my rage on my computer i just take it out on my punching bag or my younger brother if he has been pissing me off that day :evil:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Usually a wall for me, causing annoying and painful bruising of my hand. I think I have possibly broken parts of my hand due to rage from poker or Football Manager :p
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      i hurt my little finger on the corner or the desk. But When I'll afford to buy a laptop like I buy a pack of cigarettes I will move my rage on it :p. It crossed my mind a few times to punch the screen and break it just to see how it is
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      I once hit my PC and the very next second the thought of what am I going to do if I break my PC totally froze me. Since then I'm just bruising my hands on the wall
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Strategy: Psychology & Didactics

You guys need it. :D
    • Djvandal
      Djvandal
      Bronze
      if bad beats affect you guys that bad it may be time to take a break its only a game and only money :)

reading the psychology articles can help you cope a bit better
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      During a bad beat i swear i say thing like "What the hell is those card why did he call my raise with 56o????"

lol but now i played 8 table and i read a manga(japanese comic) and i play very tightly only 12% seen flop.Playing like this i don't get bad beat lol and also i play less hand that i was taunt to play.

I know i should not do other thing when multitabling but if i just watch the table i have the habit to play more hand to try to steal blind and when they raise not to fold.By reading manga and playing i play a solid SSS with this i'm able to get my money back *yay*

Since the biggest bonus ever on fill tilt i started to play on it instead on clearing my bonus on other site.

I lost 50$ in 2days >_>

and started to play tightly with the SSS and reading manga lol

I played like 8k hand the last 2 days with this style.I get back 30$ :P !
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Heh .. 3 days ago I moved up to NL25 and lost 5BIs the very first day playing just sick suckouts set vs runner runner and so (Everest's gamblers ;-).. After the last one I just stood up and sat down :-D I do not know why but if someone seen it he would sure laugh the hell out of him
    • daytripper84
      daytripper84
      Bronze
      I just curse and swear in my head and say to myself if there were a god he wouldn't have soiled humanity with the ignorant fools who we have to deal with on a daily basis with bad beats.

But then again if it weren't for them, this site probably wouldn't exist, so it is a 2 sided coin.
    • k0praonu
      k0praonu
      Bronze
      I start playing very aggressivly, like reraising and moving all-in with thrash if I'm bluffing. Sometimes it even pays off and I get a nice profit while playing on tilt :D
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well I don't tilt that much anymore. But I tend to play even tighter.

When I receive a bad beat, I start laughing and make a note of the donk. Knowing how much I am going to earn from the donk :s_cool:
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I play like a lose fish...

But I don't braek stuff... breaking my laptop is like destroying my BR haha
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      You guys are suicidal... The worst thing i ever did when i went on tilt is swearing and responding like crap to any conversation for about 5 minutes. I can generally get over it in like 15 minutes. If i can't get a hand out of my head i don't play that day. If i feel i'm angry i take a break. If i'm really pissed off i again don't play that day. Get a dog and/or start smoking lol.
    • bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      smoking is my tilt prevention method so if i wanna quit smoking i gotta quit poker :)
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      i broke my laptop's screen too :f_cry:

thank god i have a desktop aswell....
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      What do I do if I go on tilt?

Play 100NL BSS with my $200BR.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by Octhellior
      What do I do if I go on tilt?

Play 100NL BSS with my $200BR.
      works out good?
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      Not everyone really breaks stuff but many people have serious problems with tilt . To stop tilt the key thing is to play learning orientated instead of results orientated.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      I get quite pissed off...although it doesnt affect my game at first, i can go 4 or 5 days with sick beat after beat without my game been affected. First i'll laugh about it, then i'll get a bit fustrated but plod along knowing i'm playing well, then i get pissed off and moan how sick its getting and my luck has to change soon. Afetr the last stage my game will start to change and this is when i stop...normally the sighn is when i go "oh do you know what F**k it"...at this point my mind tells me im compramised and i turn my computer off straight away. I'll then either take a few days off or play the smallest limits possible so that i can start thinking poker and good dissisions rather than money again.