New Player, need advice!

• Jersey73
      Jersey73
      Basic
      Hi!

Im new at internet poker and im about to download a program. My friend recommended me the free 50+100 here at poker strategy. Now i dont know which site is the best for me.

This is how a would like to play:

After reading the articles and passing the test (and taling some strategy with my friends) I have came to conclution that i want to play tournaments only! Since i am going to be given 50 i can (only) play 1$ tournaments at the beginning, not inlcuding fees. So i need to find a site that has alot of 0.50 - 1$ buy in.

Which one is the best for that?

Another thing is that we play alot on the same computer (never against each other), because we share a house. Could this be a problem at sites? I would not register the account at home. Also we live in Thailand, is there any restrictions against Thailand as a country to play in? The laws are strict against gambeling but internetpoker is more or less accepted, but I dont know about the sties.

Wow, i wrote alot. If someone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it!

Good Luck everyone :)
  • 5 replies
    • Jersey73
      Jersey73
      Basic
      To answer on my own thread, FTP looks good.. Saw a tournament schedule and they have quite alot of different variaties
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      pokerstars has a lot of micro stakes tornaments that run at all hours.

you shouldnt have a problem registering.

make sure you read the articles and follow bank roll management so you dont lose it all!

good luck have fun!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      If you like tournaments, I would definitely recommend PokerStars, it's the biggest platform out there and it has a lot of tournaments starting regularly. A word of caution though: tournaments are very swingy, you can end up playing 10-20 in a row without cashing even once.

If you and your friends play on different platforms, there should be no problem. If however you decide to play at the same site, it's best to send proof of your ID to make sure they won't freeze your (or your friend's) account in terms of fraud prevention.
    • KingPhonics
      KingPhonics
      Bronze
      I'm way too impatient for sngs myself but if you can pull it off and enjoy tournaments then all power to you.

I play at titan poker and theres 1$ SnGs from Pot Limit Omaha to Super Turbo Heads up HE. You can always find a game, full ring or 6 player or just heads up.

I'm not good at tournament play but what I'd reccomend to you is some 1$ double up sit n goes to learn patience, and they are VERY easy to win, at least for me.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      For tounament players, I recommend PokerStars too.

If you and your friend play on the same poker room, I suggest you to contact the poker room and they're probably going to request an ID check just like Berzerger pointed out.

And regarding Thailand... well... I have no idea man.