SSS at NL50

• Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      I have a question about trying again with SSS. I have earned some money using BSS and now have enough to play SSS at NL50.
      SSS was profitable at much lower stakes, and I am wondering could it be profitable at these and higher limits also or it needs some improvements in play and style?
  • 4 replies
    • MigArt
      MigArt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Baxter82
      I have a question about trying again with SSS. I have earned some money using BSS and now have enough to play SSS at NL50.
      SSS was profitable at much lower stakes, and I am wondering could it be profitable at these and higher limits also or it needs some improvements in play and style?
      With SSS NL50 should be very profitable, at least in my experience. Are you playing advanced SSS though? SSS is not limited to the starting hands chart and with silver status you now have access to a whole lot of articles that will make SSS much more flexible, though it still won't compare to BSS in terms of flexibility. But I find advanced SSS to be very profitable on NL50.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I played 12k hands on NL50 with SSS, started last week, the main difference from lower limits is that people start to fight for their blinds much more agressively, so you get in much tougher spots or get blinded away, since you never get called if you raise only premium hands. I'm a little better than breakeven, but I'll be able to judge my real rate at around 50k hands probably.

At least at Full Tilt it seems that way, at other sites it's maybe a little softer.
    • Baxter82
      Baxter82
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answers.
      I hadn't used advanced SSS before. Now that I am silver I am going to examine those articles and try with advanced SSS on these limits.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      If you are just learning advanced SSS dont jump straight into higher limits, play some nl10 or nl25 until you are confident you can play properly.