This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A5s nl10 sh, getting value from a fish

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Everest Poker, $0.05/0.10 Hold'em Cash Games, 5 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      Humfrey_Bo (UTG): $9.60
      sk@ntix (CO): $7.68
      scheapke (Button): $14.77
      Ladron1973 (SB): $24.39
      HERO (BB): $12.44

Dealt to HERO A:heart: 5:heart:

Pre-flop:
      Humfrey_Bo calls $.10, sk@ntix calls $.10, (1 folds), Ladron1973 calls $.05, HERO checks

Flop: ($.40) 4:heart: K:diamond: 8:heart: (4 Players)
      Ladron1973 checks, HERO bets $.25, (1 folds), sk@ntix raises to $.50, (1 folds), HERO calls $.25

Turn: ($1.40) J:heart: (2 Players)
      HERO checks, sk@ntix bets $.70, HERO calls $.70

River: ($2.80) 5:diamond: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $2, sk@ntix raises to $6.38 and is all-in, HERO raises to $10.76, HERO returns $4.38

Villian is 52/4.5/2/ over 112 hands.
      He is kind of passive player, who playes post-flop mainly with good made hands.

I don't know hot to get max value from him.
      Does my line, c/c turn and bet river is fishy?
      I did;nt want to scare him away by c/r turn.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I like your flop bet cause it cloaks your hand. Villain is stupid enough to min-raise, giving you perfect odds to draw for your flush. As played, ye check the turn cause villain took initiative.

If you say villain is passive a river donkbet is ok here imo cause I want value. Against an aggresive player I am checking this towards villain again on the river cause I think he'll bet again after which I can shove my money in.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise turn, the pot is only $1.4 and you have about $7 effective behind, if you want to be able to take all his money without counting on a passive player to inflate the pot on his own accord (which you shouldn't ever expect really), you have to raise it up right there. Make it $2.3 or something similar to set up a less than pot size river bet and shove the river into him.

Hope it helps.