• amplifyd
      Did I play this wrong? I'm pretty sure the all-in was a stupid move by me looking back at it but were my bets on the flop and river correct? (Personally I can't really see how his own call was correct - given how much I was betting)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.37) 7, T, J (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.07) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.87) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.10, MP3 raises to $4.49(All-In), Hero calls $2.78.

Final Pot: $10.79.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(J A).
      MP3 shows a straight, ace high(Q K).

MP3 wins with a straight, ace high(Q K).
  • 4 replies
    • MrPavlos
      His play is standard,he has8 outs for a straight +6outs for top pair

Ur play should be,bet 4bbs preflop,when u 3bet on the flop u almost miniraise,try something bigger,and on the turn u just let him draw to the river almost free.

Imo u should read the articles about the initiative,and try to use it.

We dont call,we bet. :f_biggrin:

Oh and river is ok since he can hold few hands that beat u like AA,JJ,TT,KQ so ur good on the river,bad luck he had it.
    • lozz08
      I would be quite happy with your play there. What above said, the bets are a little small, and the turn call is not so good- you've gotta be raising here, thats all I'd say.
    • Vitjsa
      I had enormous amount of bad luck with AJ... VERY ungratefull hand...
      Only time I pay it is check if Im BB... Its just something I said I will never play again :)
    • Tampaloeres81
      The bet sizes are quite important when the board is drawy like here (also flush draw is there). So to make it mathematical not correct for him to call you, you will need to:
      - If he checks => bet 2/3 pot
      - If he bets => raise 3 times his bet. (your bet size then must be ~pot size at least)

If he still calls you, that's fine and you will loose a pot some times (if he hits), but the other times you win a bigger pot ;) So more $$ for you in the long run.

If he folds its immediate $$ for you