This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] CL10 FR: Q6o

• kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $8.94
      BB(Hero):
      $6.08
      UTG1:
      $1.35
      UTG2:
      $6.05
      MP1:
      $4.64
      MP2:
      $10.63
      MP3:
      $3.57
      CO:
      $4.85
      BU:
      $12.90

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, Q.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.5) T, T, Q (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.5) T (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, BU folds, SB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.1) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.35.

Final Pot: $4.7.

I think my river play was really bad here. Just check behind would be the right play here ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the turn everybody with a pair makes a boat, and nobody is a folding a boat. That means on the river you'll often see SB with some kind of pocket pair and even tho the A can be somewhat scary, most of them will call another bet anyway, so i like betting for value there.

When he repops you on that A card tho, unless you have some reason to believe he's just completely out of his mind, you should just pitch it because i don't think anybody will ever raise anything that's not at worse TTTAA. Somebody with TTTQQ would probably have raised the turn and even if he was slowplaying, the A should slow down most players.

Hope it helps.