Correct me if I'm wrong

• brian997
      But regarding the strategy articles about playing about someone has raised before you.
      Currently they say that if someone has raised before you and you have an appropriate hand, then you move all-in.
      Previously they used to say that if someone raised before you then you'd re-raise 3x + 1 per caller... What has prompted this change? Did they change your mind that you are now -EV by re-raising weaker hands like TT or AQ?
      Thanks, if you have the memory to know what change I am talking about :)
  • 5 replies
    • MrPavlos
      U are talking about 2 different strategys i think
    • brian997
      I don't think so.. for clarification I'm talking about SSS
    • Danilord
      for SSS
      you always enter raising 4x + 1 per everyone made a call.

But if somebody have raised somebody, you go allin. (with the proper hand that is in the article... well I go allin with more hands)

You dont have many BB's so if somebody raises sombody, you go allin or fold.
    • caltabiano
      you only have 20bb. SO, if somebody raises to 4bb and you reraise it 3 times, you're investing 12bb and that's over half your stack, so just ship it ;-)
    • delete461
      brian997 is right - basic SSS strategy used to say reraise 3x the original raise unless you are investing more than half your stack, in which case you move allin. Now it says move allin regardless, even if the opening raise was a minraise or 3bb. They also changed your action when faced with a 3-bet, used to be a chart comparing your remaining stack:original raise size now it says shove TT+, AK and fold everything else. I presume its to make the SSS easier for beginners to learn.