Cash tables or Sit and go's???

• DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      SnG's are definitely my strength as I like the safety of only putting a small amount at steak and with this in mind I play a better game. BUT, if I stick to bankroll management, it's $1 at a 6 table OR technically $0.50 and it's proving to be a VERY slow process.

Cash tables on the other hand make me nervous. I can quite easily profit on them but I tend to get put in positions where I get a little raise happy, going all in and failing epic style.

Anyone got any suggestion? Not really sure which to go for. My aim, like most of us, is fast profit. lol

Thanks in advance

DBH
  • 9 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeathByHobo
      My aim, like most of us, is fast profit.
      Roulette.
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      Ok well other than advice like a facetious comment...
      I am well aware that to make profit I have to be patient but i'm asking for advice on what you think is the fastest root FOR ME.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      The one you enjoy most.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I had the same problem about being raise happy when I first started playing cash games... the best way is either play SSS and only play the charts at the lower stakes until you start to understand why we raise and such. Watch videos post hands and slowly you will start to understand these things and you wont be so inclined to shove your stack in..atleast thats how I learned
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      Ahh you see but i'd have to stick to $1 SnG until I reached $250 if I stick to bankroll management (i'm on titan poker so it's $1 then $5 SnG's) and that's gonna take quite a while. So you see my dilemma lol =]

DBH
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      The one you enjoy most.
      +1
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Silver
      My aim, like most of us, is fast profit. lol

Poker doensnt work like this. To make a decent amount of money you have to be relativly good, to get that good you need a few month at minimum. So it really doesnt matter if your progress is slow because you are supposed to advance slowly.

I am well aware that to make profit I have to be patient but i'm asking for advice on what you think is the fastest root FOR ME.

You have absolutely no chance in Poker with this mindset.
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      Well sensei diamond dude, i guess you're right. I'll go do some meditation or something.

DBH
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeathByHobo
      Well sensei diamond dude, i guess you're right. I'll go do some meditation or something.

DBH
      Not sure if you're being genuine about considering the advice given to you, but I suspect you're being sarcastic.

From my limited experience here in the forums, I've found that people who take the time to respond to the threads asking for advice, usually do so in an honest attempt to be helpful. The wording might not always be "politically correct", but the content of the message is usually worth considering.

----------------------------------

As for your question about cash game vs SnG - I've started out from scratch 3 times in the past playing a bit of both and found that I could build my bankroll much more quickly with cash games. I also went broke all 3 times with cash games. It's true that I followed no BRM at all, and I too had a case of the raisy-daisy blinder-fever when I was running good and then oops 3 hands later - busted!

Then I found PokerStrategy.com and purposefully decided to play SnG's to limit my losses while I developed my skills, patience and bankroll. Yes, it is taking longer to build my BR, but it's a much more secure investment and this time I have no fears of going broke ever again.

My plan is to build my $50 starting capital through SnG's then give myself a separate $50 bankroll to start playing cash games with and go from there.

Maybe this would be a good strategy for you too?