lol care to elaborate?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      5 star thread so far
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Bad, bad, bad, bad downswing. I lose nearly every hand, no draws hit, massive suckouts on massive pots too many times in a row.

I just looked in the downswing section and I felt better. I guess misery loves company, but I can feel their pain. I have been on downswings before, but this one (irrationally) led me to send emails to Pokerstars. Stupid I know, but I didn't know what else to do. I am still losing. Of course there is bad play in there, but I am still at 2.1BB/100 over ~45,000 hands and am beating the rake, so I know that I am not playing this atrociously.

I guess to put it in perspective, 100BB in 2 and a half days is somewhat normal variance in FL SH and is the reason for the 500BB rule for SH BR. But this is an absolutely insane losing streak.

And what's with the FU, NightFrosta? Are you Pokerstars staff? Why would you take this thread personally?
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strat9
      I guess to put it in perspective, 100BB in 2 and a half days is somewhat normal variance in FL SH and is the reason for the 500BB rule for SH BR. But this is an absolutely insane losing streak.
      So You lost just 100BBs playing FLSH in two days? :f_confused:
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by strat9
      to put it in even more perspective, consider that just a few months ago i had a month where i was down over 900BBs in FL SH and i'm a 1.5BB/100 winner overall at this limit
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      100 BB downswing in one day on FR! Yes I know how to play and table select and no I'm not a donk. I missed 16 draws with 8 or more outs in a row, sometimes that is just the way it goes. Oh yeah, and try playing for a living instead of a hobby and having that happen, it sucks even more than you can imagine.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      Oh yeah, and try playing for a living instead of a hobby and having that happen, it sucks even more than you can imagine.
      I do, actually. I believe my WR is still over 2BB/100 hands, but I had a tough July, and this month is not going well either. So for perspective, my game is probably slipping. I tilt way too easily and too much, so it's amazing I have had a little success. And thanks for the reinforcement Red. That doesn't seem promising, but at least it shows it's not the end of the world - yet.

But at the same time I have had many, many absolutely ridiculous hands in a condensed succession over what seems like a long time. It is unbelievably frustrating.

Currently, I have sent and received emails to and from Pokerstars on the topic of their random hand generator and have been temporarily suspended from chat for foul language. I tend to rail at the "dealer", software, or site as opposed to players (unless they start in on me), but you get the picture.

The reason I am admitting this is to show:
      1) the amount of frustration that has gone along with losing hand after hand in the must head-exploding of ways;
      2) my deficiency in the ability to handle and deal with it; and
      3) why this thread is in the Pokerstars forum instead of the downswing forum.
      While I still believe that I got ass-raped on a ton of hands, the reality is that it happens I guess.

So anybody reading the first post and scratching or shaking their head, those 3 things are the drive behind it, in case anybody still wanted me to elaborate.
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      These kind of threads should be banned and the OP thrown off a bridge
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I agree, go whine somewhere else you big pussy :tongue:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • soonish
      soonish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iamblueandurmine
      These kind of threads should be banned and the OP thrown off a bridge
      What is 'OP' ?
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Haha i lost a hand yesterday and it reminded me of this post.

Flopped FH 7s full of 5s with a 755 rainbow flop. I got all in and opponent flips 86s. The 7 on the board is a spade. Turn 9s. River 5s. Good game less than 1% chance to win the hand.

Thats a bad beat. You know whos fault it was? Mine for playing a gambling game. Last I checked Pokerstars just gives us a platform to gamble our money.