Some NL10$ hands

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I am posting these here because i get the max threads bug on the sample hands section. Maybe an admin can move it there :D

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position
      BU
      BB
      MP1

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) 3:club: , 8:heart: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds, MP1 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.55) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP1 raises to $5.55 (All-In), Hero calls $3.05.

River: ($14.65) 4:club:

Final Pot: $14.65

Is this the standard play or maybe play a bit more passive on turn ?I suppose because he has not much of a stack left i have to call his all-in , but if he had same stack as me ?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.77
      BB:
      $10.60
      MP2:
      $12

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.11, 4 folds, BB calls $1.01, Hero calls $0.71.

Flop: ($3.38) 7:club: , 8:heart: , T:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.40, MP2 calls $2.40, BB folds.

Turn: ($8.18) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, MP2 raises to $8.49 (All-In), Hero calls $3.99.

River: ($25.16) T:spade:

Final Pot: $25.16

Should i re-reraise my opponent preflop to define my hand ? Queens are tough for me in this situation because i cant really say whether im behind or not.

Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.65
      Hero:
      $10.95
      MP1:
      $9.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 7:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 9:club: , 6:club: , J:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.70) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40.

River: ($1.50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.11, MP1 raises to $9.20 (All-In), Hero calls $8.09.

Final Pot: $19.90

What about the river ? :|

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8.95
      MP1:
      $1.85
      CO:
      $10.43

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:spade: , A:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, CO raises to $0.66, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.46, Hero calls $0.46.

Flop: ($2.13) 8:spade: , 6:spade: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.99, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.99.

Turn: ($4.11) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($4.11) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.12, CO raises to $8.78 (All-In), Hero raises to $7.30 (All-In).

Final Pot: $20.19

Rather loose call preflop but afterwards : On the flop should i reraise with my flush draw or just call ? Also what about the river?Is this an easy fold because
      board is paired?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.65
      MP3:
      $10
      UTG+2:
      $11.55

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:spade: , T:spade:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) J:spade: , 9:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, UTG+2 raises to $11.25 (All-In), Hero raises to $9.35 (All-In).

Turn: ($21.55) 8:club:
      River: ($21.55) 7:club:

Final Pot: $21.55

Although the call preflop is rather loose-ish (Again , although i have decent pot odds) i get a monster draw on the flop.Is this enough to play it aggresively , and go all-in eventually like i did ? And is that a general guideline for all OESD+FD's ?
  • 5 replies
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      1) I'd make it potsize on the flop. then you can easily push the turn. in your case, you cant fold the turn with these odds. if he had the same stack as you, i'd probably fold it against the check/raise on the turn.

2) bet more on the flop $3. on the turn you can directly push since a bet commits you.

you actually could reraise it preflop but i'd rather call it if you dont have any other reads.

3) bet more on the turn, about potsize. i instacall the river. he could have twopair, set or be even on a pure bluff.

4) ye loose call preflop. i'd reraise it. i dont wanna play a family pot with ATs. on the flop I'd bet 3/4 pot with the flushdraw. on the river first of all I'd bet more, about $2.5 and then you cant fold to a raise since your odds are too good.

in your case, if you bet so small, you can actually fold to this raise since the best you can expect is a splitpot.

5) this preflop call is too loose. there is no need to play such weak hands. fold it!

well yes, there should be a general guideline for strong draws in the strategy section. your goal should be to be the one who goes allin first to maximize your foldequity against better hands. if you call an allin, you accordingly dont have any foldequity. you loose value since you didnt generate any foldequity. you could be the one who goes allin and your opponent will definitely fold some better hands if he has to call an allin - you win the dead money and accordingly gain value.

so the optimal so called "betsequence" here should be bet/push flop. you bet, he raises, you push and he has to call (or to fold) since you are the one who goes allin.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      thx for the evaluation. From all the hands that i have posted , is there some major flaw in my play? Am i perhaps more passive than i should ? Do i need to be more decisive in my bets in general ?( I mean larger bets)
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      i dont see any major leaks in your play. you have to pay attention that you dont play too loose preflop and that you get the money in with your strong hands.

plus, i think, yes, you should bet a little more. your opponents wont calculate their odds and the bigger their mistake, the better for you.
    • FoolsGold
      FoolsGold
      Bronze
      Most of these examples seem to indicate your opponent already had a made hand pre flop. In which case it was a bun fight all the way, which is what developed.

I think you need to slow it down in these situations, because if 2 or 3 players are going in with a made hand, the flop isn't going to affect the outcome all that much anyway. Even if you'd gone all-in pre-flop I think you would still have been called and put into a race.

Ask yourself if you want to race? Most people don't, but this is effectively what you were doing here, just in slow motion.

I find that disrespecting other players and their betting can be a sure way to lose money. Throw that AT for starters :D
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      2) bet more on the flop $3. on the turn you can directly push since a bet commits you.

Just curious but after the re-raise PF what does MP hold? JJ+,AK perhaps.

What did the BB call with? probably a decent pair.

Then why donk the flop if MP's range has us crushed and BB could be going for a c/r. Why not check the flop and let the aggressive MP put some more $ in the pot with AK? We can even dodge a c/r by the BB.