This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Ak

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Is it a good fold on the turn? I thought he would make that bet unless he had something a little better than TPTK.

Although thinking about, I'll actually put him on AK as well.

What do you reckon?

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.57
      CO(Hero):
      $1.97
      BU:
      $2.54
      SB:
      $2.30
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $1.92
      MP1:
      $1.81
      MP2:
      $2.69

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) 5, A, 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.32, SB folds, MP2 calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.9) 4 (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0.90, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.8.
  • 4 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      It's so unlikely that he has 32 here. He might have made 2 pair or he might have a set but in that case his line makes no sense at all. I'd call this down to the river I think.

EDIT: almost forgot. 3-bet AK pre-flop.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Most of the time I will definitely raise preflop with AK.

But 20% of the time I just prefer to flat call, as after all I only hit the ace 1/3 of the time.

Maybe this is bad play? I've been doing this quite a while and have good results with it.
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      As they say, don't start inventing anything new, stick to the strategy that is tested by professionals and works:) !

But yeah, I would call down to the river too.. The turn bet seems like a protection, so either he is bluffing , has two pairs or an Ace, or even a set ( you can open-raise with pockets).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you decide not to raise AK pf, then imo you should go with your ahnd and shove turn.
      he could have there weaker Ax hands