This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 10 sh, 99

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Everest Poker, $0.05/0.10 Hold'em Cash Games, 6 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      nicolaspsg70 (UTG+1): $3.08
      el_bacco (CO): $4
      soldoni (Button): $2.07
      elliewing (SB): $7.04
      HERO (BB): $12.05
      Baldurs51 (UTG): $13.65

Dealt to HERO 9:heart: 9:diamond:

Pre-flop:
      Baldurs51 calls $.10, (2 folds), elliewing calls $.05, HERO raises to $.50, Baldurs51 calls $.40, (1 folds)

Flop: ($1.20) 3:heart: 7:club: K:heart: (3 Players)
      HERO bets $.70, Baldurs51 calls $.70

Turn: ($2.60) 3:spade: (3 Players)
      HERO bets $1.50, Baldurs51 calls $1.50

River: ($5.60) A:spade: (3 Players)
      HERO checks, Baldurs51 checks

villian 40/4.5/0.75 over 23 hands.

Fire again or turn, or is it buring money? Every king call me, and what about worse hands from his hand range to value bet?

Often when I have a second pair, I am afriand of betting against fish
  • 3 replies
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      I am not good at short-handed , but I think the river check was fine.. Lots of fishes call prf with Ax and if they hit the x card on the flop , they gamble and hope to see an A too..
      The villain's play indicates a calling station , which means you could be ahead, but since there are two overcards on the river, check and with big probability he will check also and you will see a free showdown:) (like in this case).
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I wouldn't 2nd barrel here tbh. I'd check/fold the turn. So I definitely wouldn't bet the river either as played.

I would check the turn and if he checks it back at us I might make another bet on the river, to get value from 7x & maybe some weaker pairs.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Raise it to 6BB pf.
      Hard to tell without any reads what's you best line.
      b/f turn to get value from drawing hands and also for a free SD is not a bad line against that guy. If u see him checking down tp hands before you can take c/f.
      I also c/f river.