PT3 or HEM

• MigArt
      MigArt
      Bronze
      I'm considering getting one of these soon. As such I ask all of you which one do you prefer and why. I've been looking at both and they both seem excellent, so I still haven't made my mind.

Which one would be the most feature rich, has the best HUD, and so on?

And does any of them is able to import the database from Elephant?
  • 14 replies
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I am currently running both free trials, with a little more than a week left on HM. They are both awesome. So far, both HUDs are similar and a little better than Elephant's. I am using HM's HUD because I started that free trial first.

HM has more hand filtering options and you can create a player profile of all their hands in one report. They then can be organized according to what moves they've made preflop and on each street. This is awesome and as far as I can tell PT3 cannot do this. HM also lists hands individually. PT3 lists hands, but puts the same starting hands in one group. As far as I can tell, they cannot be viewed separately in list form.

Both have hand replayers and both hand replayers allow you to make notes on each player in the hand that can be carried over into games. PT3 allows you to make general hands notes without having to assgn them to a player. For example, if you think that you should have folded, raised, miscalculated outs, etc. PT3 allows you to make these general notes on individual hands, whereas HM does not, as far as I can tell.

PT3 also seems to be a little more user friendly and has a better feel. Most features seem slightly more convenient and faster to use than those of HM.

But I have read a little about both and there seems to not be a consensus as to which one is better. So even the small differences between the two may make it worth having both. Every tool helps and you will most likely have the right tool for whatever job you need.

All 3 can be run simultaneously and can import hands from each other's HH folders, but I don't know about importing from or running off each other's DBs. I lost my info in the Elephant upgrade.

I am still deciding and trying to figure these programs out, though, so if anyone else has further suggestions, help is much appreciated.
    • bodutzu
      bodutzu
      Silver
      why isnt the HUD working on PokerStars? niether HEM or PT3 hud works on pokerstars. On other sites like Titan its working. Is it the language? the language on pokerstars is romanian/.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You need to use the latest HM Beta 1.09.32 for Stars: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe

and you need english Clients when playing SnGs/MTTs
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      AFAIK: HEM is better for sng's, PT3 slightly better for cashgames.
    • Raisolution
      Raisolution
      Bronze
      The hand history language should be english 100%.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      AFAIK: HEM is better for sng's, PT3 slightly better for cashgames.
      People say HEM isn't very good for SnG's... but Pokertracker isn't better on that part imo.

As for cashgames... PT3 isn't even in HEM's league. HEM is definitely way better for cash gaming, the HUD really does make a huge different. HEM is especially ahead when it comes to 3bet stats + HEM doesn't crash/clear databases at random like PT3 used to.

I used PT3 first. I switched to HEM somewhere along the line and I definitely wouldn't wanna go back. Hold'em Manager can be bought in the pokerstrategy shop at a 14% discount to (
      http://en.shop.pokerstrategy.com/products/Software/Holdem-Omaha-Manager/HoldemManager-small-Save-14-on-RRP-of-$5500.html
      ) so don't buy it directly off the HEM site.
    • bodutzu
      bodutzu
      Silver
      its still not working
      Its not displayed under the players? i've never used HEM before. Is there something I did wrong? Is there something I didnt do?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Are the hands being imported?
      Are the hand histories in english language?

Please answer and post this questions do give me a better understanding of your system:
      http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174
    • bodutzu
      bodutzu
      Silver
      yes, it shows me the hands are being imported, the other players, my ROI . the software is full in english language. but the HUD Is not working . When I click on Restart HUD i get a window with the tournament code but there are no players in the window (0/9) and it shows that its a cash game.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Which version does your Holdemmanager display in the title and which version the table manager?

Can you please post a screenshot of a table and the table manager for this table?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      As for cashgames... PT3 isn't even in HEM's league. HEM is definitely way better for cash gaming, the HUD really does make a huge different. HEM is especially ahead when it comes to 3bet stats + HEM doesn't crash/clear databases at random like PT3 used to.
      HEM is not ahead when it comes to 3bet stats. PT3 is much better with stats than HEM.

I think its probably been many many years since you've run PT3.

Personally I think anyone serious about their game would have both.
    • saneknl
      saneknl
      Bronze
      can you explaine why both?
      thay are doing the same, no?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by saneknl
      thay are doing the same, no?
      I guess at this point HEM is becoming more and more obsolete. PT3 Omaha is in testing now and HEM is focusing on catch-up features instead of new stuff.

Then again who knows what will happen next year ...
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      If you are playing more than 8 tables, HEM for sure, way more stable ATM.
      If less, I've HEARD PT3 has more features, cant say it myself cause I use just 5-6 stats on my HUD, but indeed it looks like PT3 is ahead in the # of stuff it offers, but WAY WAY WAY behind in stability.