Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      UTG2:
      $8,23
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , K:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0,05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,57) K:heart: , 9:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,20, Hero raises to $0,60, UTG2 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,77) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,77) 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,20, Hero calls $0,20.

Final Pot: $2,17

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Tc Ks)
      UTG2 shows a pair of queens (Ad Qh)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Tc Ks)

I illogically put him on AK on the flop... but wait... AK was not in his range, otherwise he would have reraised pf. I realized this at the end of the hand.

The only reasonable hand that can beat me here is KJ IMO. Should have reraised river, that mini-bet is so week.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      AK was definitely in his range here... considering he's playing AQ like this I don't see why he would play AK any different pre-flop...

Flop: ok
      Turn: check is fine for pot control.
      River: I think there's value in a raise here. He's betting small to get to showdown cheaply here often. I think I'd raise this up to like $1. He can probably still call with a number of Qx or weaker Kx hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      AK was definitely in his range here... considering he's playing AQ like this I don't see why he would play AK any different pre-flop...

Flop: ok
      Turn: check is fine for pot control.
      River: I think there's value in a raise here. He's betting small to get to showdown cheaply here often. I think I'd raise this up to like $1. He can probably still call with a number of Qx or weaker Kx hands.

I agree mostly, don't make the mistake of excluding too many hands of his range, against loose passive limp/calling players it's probably better to risk including too many hands, they just don't think like us and will show up with anything anywhere.

The river raise is optional but probably warranted given how weak his line is, i think it's probably better to bet the turn to catch value from the gutshot + pair type hands there and it'll usually also serve as a reverse blockerbet to allow you to check behind on bad rivers if possible.

Hope it helps.