Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      CO:
      $7,07
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , J:heart:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,25, 2 folds, CO calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,57) 2:diamond: , 5:club: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,35, CO calls $0,35.

Turn: ($1,27) 9:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,27) 6:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1,30, Hero calls $1,30.

Final Pot: $3,87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and nines (Jc Jh)
      CO shows a pair of nines (Qs As)

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and nines (Jc Jh)

I was asking myself with what could he have called the flop and I thought of TPTK (A9s) or overpair. But would he call with A9 pf?.. And with overpair wouldn't he 3bet me?

On that time it seemed that he was slowplaying, this is why I played it so carefully.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Considering he limp/calls with AQ pre-flop I doubt he'd 3bet his overpairs so yeah overpairs are definitely a big part of his range here, A9 is there to thou. I think checking the turn for pot control & calling the river is fine.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Players that are open-limping from the CO usually are just gonna limp/call with everything unless they're just occasionally doing it when they have AA.

The 9 on the turn is obviously a bad card against a reasonable player since 9x and pocket pairs are just about everything he could have when he calls that flop. Against bad players their range will be wider however, to include any pair and maybe some overcards.

You can either bet/fold the turn or check behind and call any river depending on how wide you think his calling range will be on the turn, and how likely he is to randomly bluff the river. Both are fine against unknowns.

Hope it helps.