[NL20-NL50] 50NL FR coldcallnit on BB

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($48.70)
      MP1 ($51.20)
      MP2 ($90.75)
      MP3 ($50)
      CO ($37.95)
      Hero (Button) ($56)
      SB ($62.90)
      BB ($51.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A
      5 folds, CO bets $1.50, Hero raises $4.50, 1 fold, BB calls $4, 1 fold

Flop: ($10.75) A, J, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($10.75) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($24.75) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero ?

I checked the Flop since I was rather confused that BB coldcalls the 3bet, now I was worried about AK/AJ. EV wise when I analyzed it, I keep certain Pps still in and let them bluff on the Turn as he did on the Turn.

I called the Turn to give im another opportunity to bluff on the River.

He checks so do I vBet then to like $15? What kind of hands will he call me besides AQ/AK/AJ/55/ ??
  • 7 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Since you checked flop, he doesnt know you have an A. So he bets turn to see where hes at and you call. He checks river looking for pot control with his pp so I would bet an amount I can fold if he shoves, but he can call with his pp.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      It's fine to take that line on the flop. You're not getting 3 streets of value anyway against this guy.
      You can be pretty sure you have the best hand on the river, so a value bet is a must. I think smallish such as $12 - $13 is best, as you get called by most hands, if you are getting called at all =)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      It's fine to take that line on the flop. You're not getting 3 streets of value anyway against this guy.
      You can be pretty sure you have the best hand on the river, so a value bet is a must. I think smallish such as $12 - $13 is best, as you get called by most hands, if you are getting called at all =)
      you can also bet river smaller, to 8$.
      Don´t think he is going ever c/rai river as a bluff.
      flop and turn play are fine, since you likely shouldn´t play for stacks against that guy
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      with that guys high river agression i would also be inclined to check here sometimes too in the hope he will fire a river bluff which i can call and avoids me being checkraised?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What's the use of betting smaller to like $8 instead of $10-12 if I may ask?

So when you say that he isn't going to c/RAI as a bluff, does it has influence on our decision whether to make a vBet or not?

Thanks
    • StraightGinn
      StraightGinn
      Bronze
      When you bet 8$ he only needs to be good here once per 5 times so it's very temping for him to call with weaker hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your opponent likely doesn't have much when he takes that line so he's more likely to call a smaller bet than a big one, especially if he just thinks he's bluff catching.

Getting check/raise bluffed often on the river means you'll have to fold the marginal hands you're valuebetting, which in turn makes it less profitable to throw in those thin valuebets unless you know he's doing that so often that you can bet/call for value, but that requires a strong read.

Hope it helps.