This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 777 - To fold, or not to fold?

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $49.50
      SB(Hero):
      $28.05
      BB:
      $30.50
      UTG1:
      $10.50
      UTG2:
      $69.05
      MP1:
      $42.55
      MP2:
      $86.15
      MP3:
      $16.15
      CO:
      $9.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BU calls $1.00, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.5) K, 7, 2 (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $4.50, CO folds, BU calls $4.50, Hero raises to $17.50, MP3 calls $10.65, BU raises to $26.00, Hero calls $9.55(All-In).

Turn: ($77.2) 2 (3 players)

River: ($77.2) 9 (3 players)

Final Pot: $77.2.
      Results follow:

BU shows four of a kind, twos(2 2). MP3 shows two pairs, kings and twos(K Q). Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of twos(7 7). BU wins with four of a kind, twos(2 2).

Should I have just called his re-raise? Would you have put him on pocket kings and folded? He did not reraise, so the only one I thought could have kings, was MP1. I did not act on that thought, though, and I certainly did not think that anything else would have me beaten. Was this badly played, or just extremely bad luck?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      No way you're folding this. You're only beat by KK. ONLY. If he has KK, it's jusdt a terrible cooler.

You're pretty much never folding a set on a dry board. He can have AA, 22, AK.

As to calling his bet, I think it's ok, but just because the board is SO dry, there are no draws whatsoever. So I don't mind calling flop in order to keep everyone in the hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      No way you're folding this. You're only beat by KK. ONLY. If he has KK, it's jusdt a terrible cooler.

You're pretty much never folding a set on a dry board. He can have AA, 22, AK.

As to calling his bet, I think it's ok, but just because the board is SO dry, there are no draws whatsoever. So I don't mind calling flop in order to keep everyone in the hand.
      +1
      I´m also not folding there middle set
      I think raising flop seems a little better option, since players usually doesn´t like to fold top pair hands in dry boards, so you can likely looked up a lot of times Kx hands