[NL2-NL10] BSS Overpair + OESD on flop

• Dax
      Dax
      Bronze
      0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 calls $0,04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,26, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,22, MP3 calls $0,22.

Flop: ($0,88) T:diamond: , 9:club: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0,30, Hero raises to $1,00, MP2 raises to $1,70, MP3 calls $1,40, Hero raises to $5,84 (All-In).

Final Pot: $16,13

No reads. I'm really lost on this hand, don't know if the play was good or donation most of the time. Thanks for your comments :)
  • 5 replies
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      you have to raise more on the flop. make it $1.8. and then you can easily push to antoher reraise.
    • tgrb68
      tgrb68
      Bronze
      im not that big player, but in my opinion you did great in this hand.

first MP2 and MP3 called the big blind before your preflop raise, and after that they called again, so i would think they don't have AA, KK and AK ... even KQ is a pocket that a lot of people raise.

After the flop, MP2 checks (maybe he's slowplaying) and MP3 did a bet that's not even half the pot so i would guess you are ahead so the $1.00 raise is good (even that i would have gone by a $1.20 - $1.50 to discourage someone chasing a draw)

the final pot is quite big for NL$5 so i hope you had a nice outcome of this hand
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      the $1 raise is a bad play. calculate the odds you are giving to mp3 and then calculate the odds he needs if he has a flush or a straightdraw.
    • Dax
      Dax
      Bronze
      Yes raising amounts is something i need to improve in. Too often I just think how much I'm putting in myself, and don't think about the odds im giving to opponents.

When they both called me after my all-in re-raise, I was pretty sure that I'm beat. The beauty of this is that most of the time I still have good amount of odds, unless someone has KQ.

MP2 shows KQ.
      MP3 shows TJ and rivered a full house.

That's poker :D
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      with that flop (ugly), you must play more agressive, but all rest you play well, and playing like this QQ will be ev+ always