This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50Sh Aa

• StraightGinn
      StraightGinn
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($57.97)
      BB ($63.50)
      UTG ($54.89)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($17.31)
      BTN ($13.39)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

FLOP ($6) 7:diamond: 3:spade: J:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $3, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $9, BB folds

TURN ($27) 7:diamond: 3:spade: J:heart: 8:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($27) 7:diamond: 3:spade: J:heart: 8:spade: 9:heart:

SB bets $46.97 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $25.15

SB:
      30 / 22 / 2.7 / 24 (508)
  • 3 replies
    • erptech
      erptech
      Bronze
      bet/fold turn that would make his bluff less possible
    • StraightGinn
      StraightGinn
      Bronze
      He called 2bet on a quite dry board so I was prolly behind. I doubt he will make such call on the flop with air / gutshot.

Any bet on turn will practically commit me to the pot, I decided to play pot control WA/WB - check-behind turn and call reasonable bet on the river as he still might have AJ/KJ/QJ/JT.

Bet sizing on the river looks like strictly polarized range - pure bluff or nuts. As I mentioned before, I doubt he had called flop with air.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd play it the same way, but that guy is probably loose enough preflop to show up with Jx there since there are very few combos of 33/77 out there to begin with.

Kaitz thinks you can bet/call that turn but i believe nl50 ranges aren't wide enough to really justify that, they won't shove worse than AA over a turn bet. The best way you'd get another bet out of Jx is probably to check back and value bet when he checks the river, unless you think he'd call 3 streets with Jx in which case you can bet/fold turn and value bet small the river or check behind depending on the vibe your get when you get there.

Hope it helps.