PokerStrategy? Scammers.

• yuval1414
      yuval1414
      Basic
      Dear, community of the PokerStrategy website:

I found out about this site from a friend. He referred me, and the site seemed really easy, but maybe I thought, it's a little too easy. Fifty dollars, and by only completing a quiz?! Sounds too good to be true. Well, I'm a very busy woman, but I decided I could spend a little bit of my time, and learn to play poker.

For a whole day I studied the Short Stack Strategy. I learnt it so well, that I could almost remember the articles by heart. I even read more strategies on the web. You can say that I knew how to play really well by then.

I then, decided to finally take a crack at the quiz. Which, without any doubts I passed on my first try. Then came the part where I had to put some personal information. I wasn't so sure that this site was real at the time, so I decided to lie a little bit.

I told the website that my name is 'Yuval', and not 'Yael'.. and I gave them a slightly different birth date then my actual one. Everything else (last name, address, etc.) was 100% real.

I think it's a reasonable thing to do, because I've had many problems with those kind of sites before.

I waited for a while, and I got my first email address. Asking me to prove that I'm over 18 with a drivers license. By then, I trusted PokerStrategy, and I felt comfortable sending a full front, and full back picture of my Drivers license.

Sure enough, after a few days another email address was sent to my inbox. This time, they asked me to take a picture of my FACE + the Drivers license. Things were getting a little awkward, but I did it and I sent FIVE pictures.

They also asked me why I lied about my birth date in the registration form and I explained that I wasn't sure if I could trust the website. It's ok, because again everything else is real and it matches my drivers license.

I was so excited about getting my first bonus! I constantly checked Full Tilt to see if anything arrived.. but, nothing.

Then one day, I see that my account on PokerStrategy, was DISABLED. Without any reason given to why it was. I couldn't log in. I got NO emails, and no explanation.

I waited for a whole week, and no bonus, no emails, and a disabled account. Why did I waste ALL THIS TIME? Was it for nothing? Still, I didn't lose hope. I filed a ticket (which are all supposed to be answered within 24 hours.) That's right, it's almost been 4 days and I haven't got a reply yet.

What's going on here?

P.S: I made a new account, because my other once was disabled and I really wanted to post this. If this happened by accident, I would like to get my bonus on the 'Yuval1313' account.. and have this account disabled.

I am extremely frustrated and I would definitely like a reply. I'm sad that it had to come to such measures of me posting this on the forum.
  • 29 replies
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Well... fraud prevention imho... if you typing lies, why PS should care to give you $?
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      It is not a reason to call PS scammer.

Your a/c was probably ban because you gave false information.

Bah i'm sorry for you but after reading the forum and see so much people talking about poker here you should have know that poker strategy is the best online poker community who gave free bankroll + rakeback.

4. Exclusion of Users
      PokerStrategy.com reserves the right to exclude Users from the Platform by removing/deleting the account of the User and by blocking a new registration. Especially in cases where a User enters incorrect and/or invalid information or details during registration or where a User or a third party on behalf of the User makes an attempt to register more than one account at PokerStrategy.com or any related poker game platform, PokerStrategy.com will exclude such Users and third parties acting on behalf of the respective User. PokerStrategy.com reserves the right to exclude Users based on other reasons as well, e.g. sharing the answers of the quiz with third parties, acting in breach of the general Terms and Conditions or if there is any evidence that the User has acted in another illegal manner.

The User will receive notification of successful registration via e-mail. In the same way, a User will be notified about exclusion.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/terms/

Ps : If you was refered by a friend you should have trusted him and this site.Just too bad for you...
    • yuval1414
      yuval1414
      Basic
      The thing is, PokerStrategy didn't tell me on the spot that what I did was wrong. They told me to post my tightened ID check, and to tell them why I lied in the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS.

They made me send two email addreses with information about my personal life, when they knew that I lied about something as minor as my name.

Why would they ask me to do that if they were going to ban my account when it was all over?

I demand an explanation from one of the admins.
    • yuval1414
      yuval1414
      Basic
      The thing is, PokerStrategy didn't tell me on the spot that what I did was wrong. They told me to post my tightened ID check, and to tell them why I lied in the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS.

They made me send two email addreses with information about my personal life, when they knew that I lied about something as minor as my name.

Why would they ask me to do that if they were going to ban my account when it was all over?

• cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      You're obviously annoyed with something that was entirely your fault. I've never had any problems here at pokerstrategy as well as every one i know in person ever had since it's such a simple process.
      And believe me, lying about your name isn't minor.

The thing is PS is a business and they are as they should be: fraud aware.
      Its "free money". I bet people are attempting fraud here almost every day.

Talk to PS support and sort out your doubts before calling it a scam. There's a lot of information all around the forums proving it isn't.

Anyway I hope everything works out for you.
    • yuval1414
      yuval1414
      Basic
      I'm sorry for calling them scammers, wrong call.

But still, I think they scammed ME.
    • johnnywang123
      johnnywang123
      Basic
      How were you "scammed" when they have no obligation to give you money for any reason?
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yuval1414
      Then came the part where I had to put some personal information. I wasn't so sure that this site was real at the time, so I decided to lie a little bit.

I think it's a reasonable thing to do, because I've had many problems with those kind of sites before.

I waited for a while, and I got my first email address. Asking me to prove that I'm over 18 with a drivers license. By then, I trusted PokerStrategy, and I felt comfortable sending a full front, and full back picture of my Drivers license.
      Just one question before I can give you my summary on this story. Are you mentally retarded??
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      YOUR A FRAUDSTER

BAN TEH FRAUDSTERS
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello yuval1414,

While I am sorry to hear about your problems let me clarify a few points:

#1: You were not scammed. We never took anything from you. You simply did not receive the starting capital.

#2: When you sign up at our website we specifically place emphasis on entering your REAL data. This is because we give out REAL money and obviously need to protect ourselves against fraud.

#3: I don't see any tickets from you in which you contacted our support about correcting your wrong personal data. In the end the huge deviation in your birthdate seems to have been the reason for your account closure.

Had you at some point in time before sending in your ID actually contacted the support via the ticket system to explain the situation and to have them correct your details you might have been able to prevent this. If you actually have an e-mail from our support in which they acknowledge that it is ok that you gave wrong information and that they will correct it - you can try quoting it and contacting them on why they closed the account instead.

If you don't actually have such a statement from them it pretty much explains why your account ended up being closed.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      ... edited out.. Soy explained it well :)
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      i can only laugh at such people.

Are you some freaking star or a millionaire that you cant enter your real data?
      What are they going to do with your data? use it somewhere? come to your place to rob you when you are trying to get 50$ for free?
      They arent asking you your bank account numbers or paswords so wtf is wrong with these tooooo cautious people i dont get it. and then they spam the forums that they were scamed and shit like that... LOL
    • yuval1414
      yuval1414
      Basic
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello yuval1414,

While I am sorry to hear about your problems let me clarify a few points:

#1: You were not scammed. We never took anything from you. You simply did not receive the starting capital.

#2: When you sign up at our website we specifically place emphasis on entering your REAL data. This is because we give out REAL money and obviously need to protect ourselves against fraud.

#3: I don't see any tickets from you in which you contacted our support about correcting your wrong personal data. In the end the huge deviation in your birthdate seems to have been the reason for your account closure.

Had you at some point in time before sending in your ID actually contacted the support via the ticket system to explain the situation and to have them correct your details you might have been able to prevent this. If you actually have an e-mail from our support in which they acknowledge that it is ok that you gave wrong information and that they will correct it - you can try quoting it and contacting them on why they closed the account instead.

If you don't actually have such a statement from them it pretty much explains why your account ended up being closed.

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Sure, no problem. :)

Here:

"Hello yuval1313,

your birthday is different from the one on your account. Can you explain
      this?
      In order to prevent fraud attempts, PokerStrategy requires its members
      to undergo a tightened identity check before receiving the starting
      capital:
      we need also a photo from your face alongside your ID card.
      Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
      your PoikerStrategy team"

They could've just told me that if I put wrong birthday information my account is disabled. But they didn't. They asked me to take more pictures, with my face which is a very personal thing.

And they asked me if I can explain why I lied about my birthday. I explained, and I posted the required pictures. But then, a few days later my account got disabled without any explanation.

I've tried really hard to contact you guys, but I didn't get a reply.

I'm sorry for calling you scammers, my bad.

Is there any way I can get the starting capital? I can't open a new account.. since it's ilegal. But I can't use my OLD account, because you disabled it.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I told the website that my name is 'Yuval', and not 'Yael'.. and I gave them a slightly different birth date then my actual one. Everything else (last name, address, etc.) was 100% real.
      If you're worried about being scammed... why do you lie about your first name and birth date but give your real address, last name, etc? If you're going to lie, then lie about everything. What you did doesn't make any sense. :s_confused:

You lie to them... you call them scammers... you come here with an attitude like they have the obligation to give you money... and now you DEMAND an explanation from one of their admins? You sound like a 15-year-old girl who failed at stealing her parents' credit card.

And man... Soy did answer!! You're such a nice guy!! Have I ever told you that? :P
      But you're just doing your job anyway...

Yael, Yuval, or whatever your real name is... go try stealing your parents' credit card again... maybe this time you'll succeed... who knows?
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      well relax. Everybody makes a mistakes. But if you did and your really sorry at least dont come calling PS names.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi yuval1414,

I'm afraid that supports decision is final and binding. You failed to meet the simple criteria set out by PokerStrategy to be entitled to the starting capital.

As the Head Admin has already stated, if you had of contacted support in the past advising them of your correct details and explanation, they might have reconsidered your application, however it appears that you didn't and were happy to proceed with a false name etc.

We do however wish you well in your poker wherever you decide to play.

Best regards,

Bart

p.s. Other members, please refrain from nasty and/or sarcastic comments, we're so much better than that here at PokerStrategy where we treat everyone with respect and understanding. Thank you for your co-operation.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      please refrain from nasty and/or sarcastic comments
      I'm sorry. Just couldn't help myself. :s_rolleyes:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      please refrain from nasty and/or sarcastic comments
      damit!
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      I can tell you one thing... well 2 things actually.

1. you learned poker and a strong and solid strategy.

2. I cheated on the quiz :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: I took notes.