This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50Sh 55

• StraightGinn
      StraightGinn
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.75)
      BB ($50.75)
      UTG ($52.85)
      UTG+1 ($55.94)
      Hero ($52.28)
      BTN ($61.35)

Dealt to Hero 5:spade: 5:heart:

UTG raises to $2, fold, Hero calls $2, fold, SB calls $1.75, fold

FLOP ($6.50) 2:diamond: 5:club: 4:heart:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $5, SB folds, UTG calls $5

TURN ($16.50) 2:diamond: 5:club: 4:heart: 9:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $12.50, UTG calls $12.50

RIVER ($41.50) 2:diamond: 5:club: 4:heart: 9:heart: 3:heart:

UTG bets $33.35 (AI), Hero ???

UTG:
      19 / 15 / 3.3 / 27 (3.7k)
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That's tough, i think he always has either a big overpair or a set when he decides to c/c two streets like that after raising from UTG, usually a bad slowplay line from meh tags that don't want to scare everyone away by c-betting those nothing boards.

I'd snapcall a shove on any other river except 3's and A's, on those cards i think you can go both ways but i might just fold, players taking that line aren't good enough to think correctly about your range and figure you can't really have Ax yourself, so i don't think he open shoves another overpair except AA when that card hits, which leaves 22/44/AA. Since i'm not even sure a 19/15 opens small pocket pairs from UTG i think you can find a fold in that spot, tho nobody will blame a call either imo, he can still do that with other overpairs and you beat half of the 22/44/AA range.

Hope it helps.
    • StraightGinn
      StraightGinn
      Bronze
      I've put him a range:
      - badly played 22, 44, TT-AA
      - luckbox with 99
      - AKs / AQs that called flop with A-high, caught fd on the turn and flush on the river (not very likely but possible)

So I decided to call here and he showed badly played JJ ;)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

NH then. I thought about the AhKh too but it's just too big a stretch imo. Was close either way, i guess he's just way worse than his stats would suggest.

Hope it helps.